• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

So Far this year Trouble28 and I have found that there is no for sure pattern or lake to go to. We have found fish suspended over 30' and have found them up on the shallows in 4'. we have stuck Eye's, Perch, Stripers, and a few crappies in weird places. One thing for sure is that the pressure is key now. 30.1-30.3 seems to be magic. I would name lakes for these pics but we were all over as Otter has said. We have been lake hopping Morning noon and night. The cloud cover has told us where to go when. We have also noticed that you should have a run and gun approach. drill 20-30 holes jig-em and go on down the break. Note where the sun angle is and what depth the fish were at. You may not be able to apply that same pattern to another lake but keep that 3 hour time slot in mind. Most of our big fish have came late morning, so don't give up to soon. There have been days were we fish 3 hours for one or two bites, but they have been good ones.12-22-07_1029.jpg

12-22-07_1916-1.jpg

12-22-07_1915.jpg

12-23-07_0836.jpg

12-24-07_1009.jpg

12-24-07_1010.jpg

12-27-07_2342-1.jpg

12-28-07_0017.jpg

12-28-07_0825-1.jpg

Seems like the more you drill the more you catch, use the house as a worming shack and a place to take a picture before you let the pigs back in the water.

practice CPR Catch-Photo-Release

Well done gentelmen. The bigger fish is definitely the one thing missing from my equation this winter, so far. However, I've been hung up on the large schools of 14 - 20" fish, which has been darn hard to leave. The action can not be beat right now. But, heck, it's a long season. grin.gif

Thanks for sharing the photos. Time on the ice has paid off for you guys. Love it! grin.gif

Its been a fun winter so far with all the 26+ inch fish we have been getting but we have had to do alot of work to find them I know iceman has been wanting to get out and hit some crappies hope we find some during the otter run going out this afternoon to see if I can get a few more eyes grin.gif

Wow those are some nice fish. I wish i lived closer to the area so i could do more expierimenting. When you get over there 3 times a winter you pretty much have to hit the honey holes you know of to try and make the best use of the little time you have.

Quote:

large schools of 14 - 20" fish

Now thats what we haven't found, and with this wind it may be a couple days before we go searching again. Were going to try line records in the perm house for fun. were thinking some 23" pluss fish on shrimpo's would be something to try. 2# Gammo Floro. grin.gif

Keep the line away from the hole edges and you should be good to go. Have fun.

Yup yup definately some nice fish. Once I figure how to get the pics of my cell phone I will post few more of Trouble, Iceman, and myself with few more eyes... Definately has been a fun winter so far...

Quote:

Once I figure how to get the pics of my cell phone

Picture Posting for Dummies? 2nd page on equpment expert info by me! Or you can send them to my cell. I use Photobucket, Free works great. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Make sure there are no pics of the outside of my perm, I don't fish in crowds well. LOL confused.gif

rocki

Quote:

when dO i get to come and play

I think i will come catch those Killa Gilla's with you, I heard you loaded up the Fed-ex guy with a few.

A few eaters!

12-14-07_1401.jpg

Shallow fish must get hungry? Don't stand out side drinking with a budy for more than a couple minutes or this will happen. Ya 3 lures all at one time. What a mess!

12-24-07_1000-1.jpg

2# line is easy to cut apart though. smirk.gif

Looks like Trouble is modeling a new necklace... grin.gif

Hopefully we can remember how to catch Gills for the Otter Run. I think we will bring a beverage or two so we don't get skunked. A necklace of 9" gills would be awsome. : smirk.gif I can smell the fish now as they brown in the frying pan grin.gif Yummy, can't wait!

That was 10# Gamma Edge Florocarbon on those Reels.

The walleye bite must be going strong all over. I live in st.cloud and been fishing a local lake and the walleyes are going crazy. The only problem is I cant get any eaters! There all over 20", So I pick my one over 20 and usually thats it. The past two nights ive caught 7 fish over 20" biggest being 26". Hard to come home to mankato for the weekend to fish a hot bite my buddies have been working on, when the big fish are biting great up here! Gotta love when the walleys are like this! smile.gif

Well its nice to hear somebody is catching walleyes. I have been out the last 2 nights and caught 1 fish. Its slow on my lake!

Jaspernuts

Did you get your house out? I had to work so i never got back to ya!

Quote:

The only problem is I cant get any eaters!

Yep It's tuff there 23"+ or there 13". We will have to follow Otter around for a couple days and trade off spots.

Yeah got er out and had good success early. My 3 lakes that I have been gettin eyes on have shut down for me. Gonna give it a go tonight again with this warm front and if I don't do well I'll be movin again!

Being mobile is key. I think were going back to the deep water where the noise doesn't affect the fish as much. Or maybe 12'panfish ? doesn't matter where i just want to be on the ice.

No new eye pics, but we are slaying the panfish everywhere. I am heading out tomarrow all day, i will get a new report if the sight is up.