• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Arnesen's

Heading up to Arnesen's for the first time this weekend and could use some tips from anyone familiar with that part of lake. Any particular presentations, colors or depth recommendations?

Thanks!

r u going out with the resort or on your own?if the resort, they will take care of u, if on your own p/u or wheeler/snocat?

Just ask the guys when you get up there.

I have fished out of there for 4 years and they take really good care of you.

You will really like it.

When i was up there and it was slow we had our best luck on the bobber with a glow red anything lite. When the bite is good you will get them jiggin with what ever you put down. Everyone sayes use gold, but I found buck shots and dojiggers work fine in any color.

I had a real hot bite there last Thursday using a dropper rig with a small gold attractor spoon with an 8 inch leader and a #6 Kahle hook. The eye's showed a definite preference for fathead's. A small gold holographic Buckshot Rattle Spoon was also a hot bait. Good luck! 1DIRTBALL wink.gif

We'll be heading up to Arnesen's in a couple of weeks. Any updated reports from there would be great.

Quote:

We'll be heading up to Arnesen's in a couple of weeks. Any updated reports from there would be great.

Keep watching here. 2 weeks is along ways off and fishing can change in a matter of hours.

Arnesen's if a first class operation. They are the only resort I even use anymore up there and it is just once a year. The rest of the time I do things on my own. As far as tackle keep it simple glow spoons and spoons with gold are typically good bets. Plain hook on a dead stick is typically very effective as well. My favorite jigging spoons are JB rattlen varmit in a glow red this has been my best jig this year up there. Then have some angel eye jr glow red, pink and white are my favs here. I also really like JR crusher spoons as they are glow paint on a gold spoon best of both worlds.

Just thought I'd check out the FM fishing info. My wife LouAnn and I have benn going out of Arnesens since a big day was 20 people 1 Track van(dodge 1/2 ton) and Eddie would make Bologna sandwiches for us to eat out of the bait house. It is now where the Rocky Point Lodge sits. Boy how time passes. This will be our 23rd year in 3 weeks. And I will tell you they have treated us Fantastic everyyear the same. We now Take our 10 year old Daughter for her now 5th year. as well as my Father in Law. This Trip is by far the best every year trip we take. And we do also go to Hawaii,Florida and a Few other places. But this is by far the best there is. If you see us up there from the 20th to 26th feel free to say Hi!. Just ask for Rick,LouAnn and Emily. We have nothing but Great things to say about all the Arnesens and also to the Lake of the Woods most Prestegios Guides on the Lake... Wingnut, The General(danny),Augs the ex state patrol with a Heart of Gold and to all the many rest of Mechanics, Cooks Bartender Staff Front Desk Etc. Etc.Etc. In other words we can't wait to get up there soon. Oh! did I forget to mention the Excellent fishing you can do there. JUST AWSOME>>>> Well I must go and get the Rods ready for the fun to begin. You will not go wrong going here to fish or just plain take some time off to enjoy Life in this family run Resort.. aka. rickkywalleye or other well known as the Great Big Northern and Walleye Hunter....See you on the water Later..

Ditto those statements. Haven't been going there nearly as long, only 5 years, but 1st class outfit. And friendly. Will be heading that way on the 18th. Look forward to reading any reports before we leave. They can't control whether the fish will bite. . . but they sure try to!! grin.gif

Been out there once so far this year. usually hit more later in the season. as far as lures--3 words GOLD FAT BOY. By far the best when we were there.