• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ice Reports? Permanent Shelters?

So I'm new to the area here in the metro area and we're looking for a place to plop our permenent at. Curious what the ice conditions have been doing in the NE metro and surrounding areas. Are people pulling wheel houses out in that area with wheelers yet? We were out on Peltier 2 weekends ago and I remember the most ice we saw was 7" and the minimum was 3". Any permanents out in the Chisago area yet? I was by Mankato last weekend and there were people pulling wheelhouses out with their trucks, I don't think they have near the snow we have up here though. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated, thanks for your time guys and gals, have a happy new year!

Morgan I'd say we have a good 8" of ice. There are few a guys pulling wheeled houses out. Last night I saw a guy with a 6.5' x 12' and he had a difficult time getting around. He stopped once and I didn't think he was gonna get going again. I'm not sure if it's the snow or the 4" of water under the snow.