• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wireless broadband connectivty on the ice

Ocassionally work requires me to get connected to the Internet even on days off. Knowing I was going to be on the ice when this occurred I bought a aT&T wireless broadband card. Anyone else have one? I'm trying to find out how good the coverage is. I'll fish in the Brainerd area, Mille Lacs, Upper Red and around Bemidji. If anyone has any info I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Big Cahuna

Depends on if you get cell phone coverage out there too. I have an iPhone, and I can get the data coverage everywhere I can get cell phone coverage. Most of the Brainerd area gets pretty decent coverage.

If you fish close to shore, or close to some homes ask them if you can connect to their wifi networks. I have actually been pretty surprised how many wifi networks you can access on certain areas of Gull.

Chode is correct. If you get cell service/signal you can use the broadband wireless card for internet access. AT&T is pretty good up here as far as coverage goes so I would think you shouldn't have too many issues.