• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Whiteface ice report if possible

Does anyone know what the snowcover and ice conditions on Whiteface are? I'm headed up there this weekend with the kids and want to get on the lake, I've got a 4-wheeler and am wanting to know is possible to get out on the ice and how safe it is....thanks to anyone who can give me some details. Eric

Ironranger...........Just curious if you made it out on Whiteface for some ice fishing. What were the conditions like? I have not seen much of any ice fishing activity on the lake as as of yet.

Was out on Whiteface yesterday. Accessing is no problem with a snowmobile, ATV will be hard with all the slush in area's. Have 6-8 inches of good solid ice with 4 inches of weaker ice on top. Picked up 2 Eyes, things should inprove with the weather comming in.

I didn't make it up, I couldn't get a read on how the ice was, but I am leaving tomorrow (1/4) and will be fishing it on Saturday. Just-Jig, where did you get on the lake from? I usually access from the Weiberg campground which is now closed, so I'm curious as where you you accessed from. I called my neighbor up there yesterday and he also said ATV'ing is going to be tough, so I got the snowshoes packed and will have to lighten the load to get out on the ice.

USFS access on the north end. Some have parked along road before Weiberg's gate and accessed across the bay.

Just wondering if anyone has an update on ice conditions, got out on the 5th, but the slush made ATV'ing pretty dicey. Has any of the slush hardened up yet or is still about the same?