• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Medicine Lake

Right now I do software engineering/testing.
But I'm getting the "do you want fries with that?" phrase down pretty good! grin.gif

I'm kind of a jack of all trades. I do home remodeling(everything but laying carpet). Mechanic, Body work, woodwork, electrical, plumbing, and just about anything else you can think of.

I'm looking at maybe starting a custom bike shop with my uncle, kinda like a west coast choppers thing, but I wouldn't mind buying a resort that needed some work either.

Kinda leaving my options open. They gave me a good enough severance package that I don't really NEED to work for about 8 months from the end of Sept.
Whaddaya got?

------------------
Takin it easy! & if it’s easy, I’ll take it twice!

[This message has been edited by sandman469ss (edited 07-24-2003).]

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EBass

• sandman469ss

• moby1

• MedicineMan

Probably not anything you would be interested in, but it is an entry level position in our tech support group. Sounds like you have a lot of other possibilities to look at that might be a lot more fun than “working for the man” (if you know what I mean!).

[Posting Guidelines, Rule 3: No unauthorized links or sharing of domain names.

If you would like to post a link, please click the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the Forums Home Page, and ask Rick first. Thank You.]

[This message has been edited by united jigsticker (edited 07-24-2003).]

Sandman, I forgot the "no link" rule. I sent the link to the hotmail address you posted earlier in the thread.

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif
You work for CNT!?
Ever heard of Storagetek or the SN6000?
Small world.

Tech support wouldn't be my bag, and entry level certainly wouldn't cut it. I've been doing this crap for 11 years, and backwards is the last place I'm going.

How's the stability at CNT nowadays? I got it before they jerked it.
The Sr.Product Eng. Req#240069 might work though.

------------------

Sandman- I like the idea of the custom bike shop or resort. The resort is good as long as you're not busting your butt while everyone else is fishing. A good friend of mine bought a resort in Wisc 2 years ago. Not a bad gig. I see you listed mechanic in your list of things. Any good at riceburner bikes? I have an old Customized honda that has been sittin for a coupl;e years. Tore the carbs apart and went from frozen to sliding smooth as silk. Problem- when we took it apart was 2 of the 4 floats were opposite of the other two. Not sure if they are in right or not now. When gas is on I can get her running with throttle and full choke but gas steadily drips out of the #3 and #4 carb overflows. Enough rampbling since it's not a motorcycle forum. Just that it's been a pain in the butt and kind of fell by the wayside for the last 2 months.
I can't complain about the boat. Like you said, gets me out.

Ebass- Yee haaaa I've been waiting to see a walleye come out of there forever. I salute you :+)

blackjack,

No finder? It's pea soup out there! Well I guess stick to the shore lines and docks. Maybe go out a tad from the weedline if you can see it and fish the outside weedline. The water is really warm and really green. And there's no place to hide from the skiers.

Was out yesterday on the humps and got a waldog on a crank. But did get a bass on a senko to on the reeds. Fish are everywhere right now

Nope, no finder Ebass. I just got my boat this spring so I'll probably wait till the offseason to find one on sale. I was hoping it would be a crappy day out today so I wouldn't have to deal with the skiers but oh well....
I guess I'll just stick to the weedlines tonight. Fish are everywhere and you only got two??? Just kiddin. Good job on landing the waldog. Thats the first post I've seen about a wally on Medicine. I was up on Bay Lake by Garrison this weekend and my buddy pulled in a 25" eye on a spinner bait!!!

Everything I've been hitting lately is in deep cover. Either the pads, reeds, or docks.
Or in 8-10ft with heavy weeds.
Buzz & spinnerbaits for open water, Scumfrog & silver minnow for pads and crap.

Oh ya, the weather doesn't matter, there are Always skiers. 7am Sunday morning in the rain even.

------------------

They're everywhere, just not biting. Well some. I had the biggest bass I've seen in Med yesterday. I'm sure you read that post. Oh I did get a small pike if that counts, but I don't think it does. Cranks were the ticket yesterday. Fishing among the weed clumps just off the main thickest weeds and sandman is right. It was about 8-10 ft. But you don't have a finder so.. stick to the docks. You'll catch fish. Always some bass under the docks. Mostly smaller though. Good Luck, I think I'm going there or Sara tomorrow.

Blakjak

Go to the Reeds Sporting Goods website.

They always have good deals going on electronics. And a wide array to choose from.
Click on the link on the home page, "Retailer of the Year sale".
Lots of graphs for a great price.

Blackjack- you guys got lucky to catch an eye out of bay. They heavly stock it but my dad has caught about 6 eyes in there his whole life. They do run big though 20" average just imposible to catch. YOu catch them by acident but can never catch them when your fishing for them. Its a great bass/crappie lake though, my dad got a 21 incher out of there last year.

I'm batting 1000 today. First, I Kinda met GJ, who happens to work in the same industry, and who is actually a competitor/partner with my company. shocked.gif

Then moby has to ask about bikes. grin.gif I've actually been racing superbikes for the last 8 years and do all my own work. I have a modified ZX7(now 793cc) that I built myself that was one of the fastest they ever had on the dyno in Denver. After 8 years of hard running, I finally blew it up(kinda) at Brainerd last year. Just ordered the new rings for it yesterday.
If you want to email me at [email protected], I'll try to help ya out, since this is a fishing forum.

I'm feeling Lucky, maybe I should go fishing.

------------------

Haven't been to Medicine for awhile since the waterskiers finally got to me. Can't wait till the day I upgrade to a nice big bassboat to go buzz them for a change! Anyhoo....I have a friend coming into town so I'm going to head out there tonight. Any suggestions on where the bass are hiding? Shallow, deep, weedlines, pads, docks????? Also, what is working...Cranks, spinners, plastics ???? I don't have a depth finder or GPS so fishing the humps everyone talks about is out of the question. Thanks!

Ebass, good god!!!!! You caught a wally on med. first for everything I guess!! Nice to here you r getting your boat back!! Hopefully I will get mine monday. Man you always catch the fish, don't you know what a bass is? I'll call you 2 morrow afternoon.

smile.gif

Sandman,
That night it was 3 fish 4 rods. If I would've gotten that big bass....

So if the Med tourney was held that night I would've had 20 pts. 10 for the slimer and 10 for the waldo. That big bass would've been 25 pts extra. Dang fish!

No weeds, sand, and green water. Are you fishing a sewer or something? Try dark lures that make some noise.

Bill, unreal I know, I thought it was a pike until I saw the white tip. Fought pretty good to. However she hit pretty close to the boat, but I didn't want her to take my crank so I played her easy. Moby did get a couple of pics on the disposable. We'll have to get out there again.

Later,
EBass

Yeppers i have a sugestion:
DT seriec Cranks from Rapala. They seem to really work good. I hate crank fishing but they produce. What is the prodominate bait fish? What ever it is grab that color.

Good luck:

Josh

grin.gif
I'd have given you my 40 bass pts just for getting that Wally.

It's a sandpit where my old man works dredging sand. During spawn this year, one of the pits had 6-?lb bass all over the beds, but you could drag the lure right on their head and they wouldn't bite. & I mean hitting them with the lure, they'd just move.

It's private property, & there are 7 or 8 ponds, & they give permission to fish the ones along the road to anyone, but my old man & I are pretty much the only ones who have permission to fish in the one's that are farther in the gravel yard, which is where the Bigguns are. We never thought there was anything in the back ones except foot long suckers, til I tried one earlier this year and pulled a bass close to 8lbs.
I also know there is a 25lb nort in one that's only been caught once and CPRd, and broken many lines since.

Maybe this is my week.

------------------

[This message has been edited by sandman469ss (edited 07-25-2003).]

Good luck sandman. Sounds like an interesting place to fish. I'm sure you'll let us know how you did.

I think I'll be on Med on Sunday eve with Bill.

Ebass, congrats on the walleye. I went out wensday, had good luck in the morning from 8-10. Caught quite a few bass in 16-20 feet of water. The bite died after 12. But luckely they northerns started biting after 4. Caught many 30+ inch northerns between 7 and 8. The fish seemed to be biting best in 14-20 feet of water.

Ya, but ask EBass what his fish to equipment ratio is! grin.gif J/K Ebass, I actually have just as many rods in my box, but I can hide em. Congrats on the Wally too!

I'm out of comish this wknd. Going to my parents & have to get on the backhoe and dig the side of their basement out and move the wall back out and install windows.

The sandpits down there have HUGE bass and norts, but nobody can seem to get the bass to bite this year. I'm positive there is a state record in one of the pits, maybe this will be my wknd. Anyone have any suggestions for murky green water and sandy bottom with no weeds at all?

Good luck to everyone staying here.

------------------

Sounds like a good day Medman. Congrats on the ton of fish (at least for me it would be a ton)
I have to congrat ebass again on the waldog. I may get out there tomorrow morning. I didn't have a chance to catch the weather tonight so not sure. If I do, it will be the usual around 5:30. Even thugh my boat is tiny, I hate causing delays at the ramp and my loading skills alone are lacking a little. Feel free anyone to stop out if ya see me. I can never the kind of boats anyone else has when I'm on the lake. At least I know ebass and sandman's now.

Sounds great sandman. Good luck to you. Are the pits big pits that you drop the boat in? Anyways Have a good one. Since it's easy, take it twice. :+) Havent gotten a chance to shoot ya an email but definitley would like to talk to you sometime about the bike. It's been a thorn in my side since 1991. You may be it's long awaited savior from the garage sale. Although I may have to sell it to get a diffefrent boat.

Went out Saturday for 3 hours and didn't get one strike. The place that owns the pits doesn't allow any boats, not even canoes. Even though they're not liable, they just don't want the hassle of lawsuits. And since they dredge them, the shore goes out about 5 feet, then STRAIGHT down to 14 - 30 depending on the pond, so once the trailer wheels hit the edge, I'd need to get the dozer to get it back out. Most of the ponds are small enough that if you cast from the shore on all 4 sides, you've hit the whole thing. They are all spring fed, and have very little weeds or structure. The water was amazingly clear this wknd, and you could see quite a ways. People have been secretly stocking them for 20 years, so there are some monsters in there. I have to get lucky sometime this year.

As far as the bike, I'd run a search on the carb make & model and see if you can find a schematic to see if they are at least put together right. I can get the jetting close so that they run like new, but if you want to have it run like a raped ape, a dyno is the way to go. Call and talk to Mike Orlowsky at HiPer Sport in Osseo, he IS THE BEST. You can probably have him run it on the dyno for $25 or so, then tell you what you need to change. I personally let him do it, so I know I'm squeezing every bit of HP out of it, but I'm racing it, so you may just need to get close.

I see from your other posts that you got the Eagle lake experience. wink.gif Now my blood is pumping, I may have to go out til I get one this year. Have a lot going on this week, so I'll have to see. Were you shallow or deep?

------------------

[This message has been edited by sandman469ss (edited 07-28-2003).]

Hello all,

I went out on Sunday morning for a tad until the motor took a crap again. Same problem as before. I did get a wee little bass on off a dock. Had a little bigger bass that of course got off. Tried to work the humps but the wind and boaters got the best of me. How much is a new 25H?

Ebass,
Check with Rapid Sports in Ham Lake.
They always have a lot of new non current stuff. I got a 2 year old new Honda, and saved almost 1200 bucks.
I suggest a Honda. You will pay more, but when you go to sell it, you will get more as well. Or if you never sell it, it will last the rest of your life.
I await G-pots reply.

Hey EBass,

I'll sell you my Johnson! grin.gif
You can just take 3 of the plug wires off!

Thinking I'm hitting Eagle shortly.

------------------

My boat would sink if I set the 115 on the back. Can you imgine how fast it would go if it didn't sink or flip over smile.gif

Ebass, your right, it is like pea soup out there. Made it out Thursday but unfortunately I brought my battery to work to charge during the day and forgot it there when I left for the lake. That will be the last time I go out without my troller.
My buddy pulled in a nice 18.5" on a Jawbreaker about ten minutes after we got there on the edge of the pads in the eastern part of the claw. Other then that I got one 15" on Baby -1. At least I didn't get skunked.

Thanks for the info. They'll take it on a trade right? I wonder how much. 1988 25h merc with squealing noise, hmm...

I'll take a Honda, Yami, or Evinrude. It depends on the $$ of course. Just spent my savings on the dang boat. Ugh, used crap sucks.

grin.gif That would be hilarious to see it tried. grin.gif

One 4lb nort CRd on eagle last night.
------------------

[This message has been edited by sandman469ss (edited 07-29-2003).]