• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Medicine Lake

hey moby, dont get mad at your bad launch trip on mille lacs, I have a cabin on mille lacs and the bite has sucked all year, its really bad andno one can catch fish. Does anyone know where to catch quality crappies in the summer on medicine?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EBass

• sandman469ss

• moby1

• MedicineMan

MedMan,
That would be excellent.

Tried Independence Saturday for Muskie. Got 2 bass and hit a hole where I got 13 norts 2-5lbs in less than an hour. That was fun. No Skis.

Was out on Medicine Sunday morning 7am. The rain had the bass going nuts. Funny thing, I must have had 30 strikes that all missed. I couldn't catch a fish to save my life. Got 3 in the boat, and had 6 spit the hook on the way to the boat, and about 30 misses. Maybe the cramping in my hands had something to do with it. I even had a few that I sat and cast again & again, and the same one would miss it several times. Finally got one of those in the boat on about his 6th attempt.

Gonna have to do house stuff beginning of the week just to give the blisters on my fingers time to heal. Fishing with duck taped hands looks kinda wierd. grin.gif

------------------
Takin it easy! & if it’s easy, I’ll take it twice!

Medicineman,

I’ll start this off by saying that if you post the GPS coordinates I won’t get bent out of shape and start ranting about it, but I would like to toss in my two cents worth. I have spent a lot of time in the past few years figuring out the structure on Medicine. It has gotten to the point that I can go out there and catch decent pike ALL the time and sometimes I’ll pick up the 17-19 inch bass. I had a lot of fun figuring out the structure on my own and I feel that just handing out the GPS info to people that have not gone out and worked for it is not the right thing to do. I know the guys you are trying to get this info to, the regulars like Ebass, Moby1, and Sandman etc., are out there busting their humps to find the fish so I have no problem if they know where the good spots are. My concern is that there will be a lot of others who read this post that are not out there all the time and now they will have the info and did not put in the work like the rest of us. If you want to get the info to the regulars, maybe sending it to their e-mail would be a better thing to do?

Just my opinion. This e-mail was written with a smile on my face and there will be no hard feelings if you choose to post the info!

Later.

I don't have a GPS so it won't matter to me. But I can find any and all the humps by trolling around and watching the FL-18 along with my map. It's catching the fish on the humps is what chaps my hide smile.gif Oh, well, I'll keep trying when I get my merc back in tip top condidtion.

Sandman, sounds like a good day. Missing bites is better than no bites which is what happened fishing from shore (ugh) going for kitties on the crow. Everyone (all 3 of us) were skunked.

Ebass,

biglakeba$$ has a 15 hp evinrude he is trying to sell. Just in case you decide you need a new motor. Were you out on Saturday morning?

I would agree with Giant, that handing those out on the forum is probably not ideal, so if you want to send them to me at [email protected] I would appreciate it. I have no problem when it comes to giving spots, but we wouldn't want to cause an overpopulation out there due to what some might see as easy freebies or a sure thing. I have most of the LLs for the ones on the map, but one must be off, or the hump disappeared, cause I couldn't find it. I'm more of a cast to shore guy anyway, but come winter, the spots are nice to know. Go figure, the people stand on shore wishing they could fish the middle, I spend big bucks on a boat so I can fish up to shore. confused.gif

Ebass,
If I leave the dog home I have room for 1. If you have any particular nights in mind you wanna go, I'm usually open, shoot me an email and I'll check my schedule.
I was hoping the weather would stay kinda crappy so I could try for Muskie out on Eagle maybe tonight, but it doesn't look that way.

------------------

Sandman,

Thanks for the offer. Maybe later on this week. I too am a shallow water guy. Incase I fall out I can stand smile.gif

I'll get back to you on this.

Thanks for the offer. I got to see what my mechanic says first though. Hopefully it'll be cheap to fix it.

I haven't been out since Thursday night. Still haven't been skunked in my boat yet. smile.gif

Made it out to eagle last night.
Trolled for about an hour before 2 young kids showed up and boated what looked to be about a 20lb ski within 10 minutes of being on the lake.
Wish I'd get lucky like that at least once in a while. frown.gif
Pitched lures for about 2 hours, and didn't even have a follow.
I used to fish eagle regularly and there was rarely a night that I didn't have several good follows, but it seems the last 2 years the fishing has slowed.
Anyone else fish eagle with success in the last several months? Just wondering.

------------------

sandman-Fished eagle first part of year my boat pulled in two northerns just over 30" and a few small bass. Have been wanting to hit it again since it's only a mile from home but have ended up at med. Let me know when you get out there again.

My 2 cents on the gps info- I would never ask anyone for coordinates. That's just me. I wouldn't turn them down either ([email protected]) :+)) I am not too familiar with my gps yet. I can mark spots and return but have never had coordinates to enter in and try that way.

A question for curiosity- It seems out of the 5 or so people I have met from this site, most are 30 or younger. Just wondering if it is mostly that age group using the site.
I am 30
Good Luck

Hey Moby,

There was a post going somewhere where someone was asking what people's age were.

I think most are young (I'm close to 30) for the most part. But I did see some older gents to. The post was a while ago.

As long as I'm not the old coot at 32.

I think maybe I'll start going over regularly and try for a ski. I pulled a 16 1/2 lb out of there 2 years ago, and I got the fever again watching that youngun fight that one last night. Bass & norts are fun, but muskie are a challenge. I fish alone and the pic of my ski is with it laying across the seats without me in it. Gotta get someone to take a pic with me in it this time.

I fall right into the 30 category if you are interested.
Hopefully one of these nights I'll be able to make it to Medicine after work and meet some of you in person. I think I saw E-bass at a landing a couple of weeks ago, but didn't know it was him until 3 days later!

I have a little jon boat with a casting deck. There was an imposter out there with another jon boat, but he didn't have a casting platform. That wanna be smile.gif j/k and a little green mazda pickup.

Think I'll be heading that way around 3:30 tonight.Probably pull in around 4 Ebass should show up a little later. Anyone else going.
Sandman- anytime you need someone to go to eagle and take a pic of your big skies, give me a hollar and I'd be glad to go. Takes me about 3 minutes, depending ont the traffic light crossing hemlock.
Biglakeba$$- been up to sandy? I haven't checked that thread. I'll be going up there next weekend Friday-monday.

Moby, we're going to Medicine for sure? I'll probably get there close to 6 tonihgt. Depends on the traffic.

Are we talking Medicine tonight?

------------------

I think so. I'll be in Moby's boat. Little 12' lund. He'll be there way before I do. I'm trying to get there around 6 or a little sooner.

Moby

No I haven't been up to Sandy since the 4th. Not sure when I am heading back up. Not much at all for reports in the McGregor/Aitkin forum.

I'll probably be out around 5.

------------------

Sandman,

Look for a little boat cramed with two people and rods all over the place.

Another slow but beautiful relaxing night on the lake. ME- one small small bass (1" shorter than my wally diver) and one around 16". Ebass- well, I can't steal his thunder. I'm sure he will report in when he gets to work tomorrow morning.
Finally met sandman- nice rig. Looked a little roomier than our accomodations. The dog didn't seem to mind though. He wanted to come in our boat anayways. Nice meeting you. Like said I am available to photo youur skies :+))
Good Luck

Ebass works???????
No way. I was actually going to ask if he ever really gets out fishing, because there aint nobody posting on this entire forum more than Ebass.....

smile.gif

Sandman,

Were you the one tossing the bird to your dog by the reeds? If so, I was the one who launched right after you and had my Crestliner docked right in front of your boat at the launch.

Got several mid 20” pike last night trolling. Then had the biggest pike of the year (33-35) break off right at the boat. Got that one while bouncing a rubber crawdad on the bottom.

Going to Harriet tonight.

By the way,

I work with Biglakeba$$ and he should be the last person giving anybody a hard time about their work ethic!!!!!!!!!! grin.gif

Moby,
Thanks, but your's gets you out on the water and that's all that matters. I sometimes think the fish see me coming and run, so when I get skunked, I blame it on the boat. wink.gif

The pup wanted in your boat cause she saw all those rods Ebass had up front and she loves to chew on EVERYTHING! tongue.gif

It was pretty slow, but relaxing. Pulled 4 1 1/2-2 pounders out of the reeds, kept one for supper, but he ended up in the fish tank, since a friend called and she required my immediate attention. grin.gif

Nice meeting you 2. We'll have to hook up sometime and corner the fish so Ebass can justify all that equipment he has. wink.gif

GJ,
That was me. And I'm not knocking anyone about work. My company outsourced everything to India, so I've been sitting here surfing the web for the last 3 months, waiting til my last day in sept. If they're gonna pay me what they pay me to surf, I'll do it, but I'd rather be fishing. Anyone have a job opening?

------------------

[This message has been edited by sandman469ss (edited 07-24-2003).]

Hey now, I work in customer service, so if the phones are dead, I head to this site. smile.gifJust like now.

Well if anyone can believe this. I caught a 22.5" WALTER, WALDO, WALLEYE on a crankbait (nice net job Moby). It was only 8-10 ft though. And just before that I had a BIG BASS (I'm thinking around 20" or more)that hit my lure then made a b-line and went for the surface,ok more like almost three feet in the air then spit out my crank! AHHHHHHHH, the walter made up for it though!
And I got a little bass.

Nice to meet you to sandman. Cool lap pup to. And I only have 4 rods for bass. 1 rod that was busted and 1/2 azz repaired for cats and a muskie rod that I never use.

And I'm getting my boat back tonight!!!

Well, it looks like I hurt biglakba$$’ feelings with the work ethic comment so I am publicly apologizing grin.gif He is the best employee we have wink.gif

Now as for his angling skills………………………………………..