• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

WARNING: Lake Hanska Newbie...

I'm thinking of fishing Lake Hanska Thursday afternoon and evening and all day Friday but the problem is, I've never been in the area. Could someone please provide directions to the Lake Hanska County Park and/or the Geiger Landing from Le Sueur, MN? Approximate travel time would be nice to know too, if possible.

Thank you! I really appreciate it.

From Lesuer, you are looking at about an hour and 15 mins. drive.

Take 169/60 south through Mankato

Take a right on 68 just south of Mankato.

About 4 or 5 miles down the road, take a left on Blue Earth cty rd. 11.

This will take you through a few stop signs, but eventually you will hit Brown county rd 13 (about 25 miles). Take a left on 13 and you will be in Hanska.

When you get to Hanska you will take the 2nd right. The Muni will be on your left after you take the right.

You will now be heading west. When you get to the end of town (Its only about 2 or 3 blocks) you need to make a decision - Geigers point or the Main landing. If you want to go to Geigers - Continue to go straight on Cty rd 20. You will go about 8 miles on 20. The Geiger point landing is on the left. The lake will be on your left (you will turn away from the lake for about 4 miles, but it will show up on your left again. Geigers point is about 2 miles before the end of the lake.

If you want the main landing, at the end of Hanska, take the left after the stock yards Cty 6. You will be heading south on 6 and you will go about 7 miles eventually heading west. You will pass a few gravel pits on either side of the road. Go past them and you will see the public landing on the right side.

Remember there is no bait in Hanska, so bring it.

If you have any other questions or clarification, email me at [email protected]

Good Luck

DL

Other wise try going to MSN and click on maps/directions. You can zoom in and click on a spot and it should give you a direct route to that spot! You can look at sat. image of the area and you should be able to spot the landings that I pointed out to you in that map I e-mailed you a while back!

Lake is completely covered with snow, but easily driveable. Just look for the old drifts. They sure can sneek up on you!!! Caught a couple tonight around 16", released. Bite as been kinda slow for me the past couple times out. Looking to hit some new spots come Friday, depending on weather!

Mr. woody, maybe another time. Will scout for you some other day. The sled is locked, loaded, and heading in a different direction. Tom D and I are headed due east. See yeah wednesday, Happy New Year.

Lonnie

delta would you be kind enough to share this map with me too

as the dnr site does not have it.

Sorry to say this guys, but there is not a updated map for Lake Hanska since they dredged it. Now if some one got a hold of one from the company that dredged it would be nice to see. The only way I know of some of the things that I do is just from fishing out there and moving around and hear say that I check out when I have the chance!

I have seen an old map of the SE bay north to the park floating around. It has nothing from the park west to godahl or gieger landings. It is mainly hand drawn. My guess is it was or is a guide for the dredge, or done by memory of one of the operators. But it is reasonably accurate as I've seen. I have talked to a few that worked on the dredge trying to find a guide map or something, with no luck.

I have not been near as adventurous as delta, He and a few others have put in countless hours searching, scouting, drilling holes and fishing new spots, making a mental map. I mainly fish the places I know, or are given a tip on, or are invited to.

Hey Otter,

How did you end up doing on Hanska last week?

It has been pretty consistant for us the last couple weeks. Tried to get 1lkstage out there last Friday, but the lure of lakes closer to Mankato ended up pulling him away.

Later,

DL

I did not make it over. The bite was too good around Le Sueur for me to leave.

Darn gas prices. smirk.gif