• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

MONSTER QUEST--Doglike creature

USPENAMC

anybody catch the episode of monster quest talking about a Dog like/wolf like creature possible hybrid that has attacked pets and scared people.

of course like most shows they cant prove anything in the end. here are a few of the things they have covered and bit of descriptions its interesting to watch to say the least..even if you dont believe just for entertainment.

Mutant Canines - Mans best friend is many times our last line of defense. But something strange is killing Fido. In 2006, a rash of pets were killed in Maine and Minnesota by a beast locals describe as a mutant. But there are more than just stories, a creature was hit by a car and the body was found. This strange looking creature will be DNA tested to see what it really is. And two MonsterQuest winter expeditions will be launched to trap other dog killers still at large.

Wednesday December 5th at 10PM

Lions in the Suburbs - Attacks by mountain lions make headlines across the U.S. But some people say they are seeing something else...large black cats. From Texas to Minnesota to West Virginia, MonsterQuest will follow the eyewitness accounts and physical evidence of these demon cats. Pictures and law enforcement encounters prove a big black cat is out there but what is it? While they resemble a mountain lion, there is no such thing as a black mountain lion. Bones from a carcass, eyewitnesses claim was a huge black cat, will be put to the DNA test.

Wednesday December 12th at 10PM

Giant Fish - The movie Jaws scared an entire generation off of ocean beaches...but there are monsters lurking in freshwater lakes and rivers too. Are these just fish stories or are they real? From the Artic Circle to the Amazon, MonsterQuest will launch expeditions to find the biggest and nastiest giant fresh water fish. From catfish large enough to swallow kids whole to trout as large as a boat. Scientists will deploy giant lures and underwater cameras in a search for monster fish.

Wednesday December 19th at 10PM

Swamp Beast - The vast swamps of Louisiana and Florida hide many animals...including a beast locals call The Swamp Creature. At 7 ft tall, with red hair, and a rotten egg smell this beast has been nicknamed The Skunk Ape. For the first time, bloodhounds will be used to track the elusive creature. And sexual ape pheromone chips will be used to guide the bloodhounds to their prey.

Wednesday December 26th at 10PM

Stalin's Ape Man - In 2006, the NY times revealed a devilish plan by Soviet dictator Josef Stalin to create monsters by crossing humans with apes. But was it real? And how far did he get? This MonsterQuest scientific journey will travel to Russia to find out. We will also look at the many other efforts, both by man and Mother Nature, to combine the strength of apes with the intelligence of man. This is a real Frankenstein story& from head transplants in the U.S. to cases of ape on human attacks. Man and Apes are not as different as you might think.

Wednesday January 2nd at 10PM

Creatures from the 4th Dimension - For decades cameras have been capturing images of a flying, torpedo-like creature. So fast it cannot be seen with the naked eye. Some think it is a military weapon, others believe it may be a creature from another dimension. But just what is it? This MonsterQuest scientific journey will use super high speed photography, physics and even a wind tunnel experiment to shed light on a creature simply referred to as Rods.

Wednesday January 9th at 10PM

The Real Hobbit - A MonsterQuest expedition will deploy researchers and the latest technology into the jungle, searching for evidence of a creature natives describe as half man, half ape.

Wednesday January 16th at 10PM

American Werewolf - Eyewitnesses in Wisconsin and Michigan report seeing a tall hairy man - beast some describe as a dogman...a centuries old legend based on myth, not a real animal. But what are they seeing? MonsterQuest will deploy professional hunters and trackers in an area with recent sightings, armed with a tranquilizer gun. And for the first time eyewitness accounts will be put to the test, using polygraphs and hypnosis&the results will astonish.

Wednesday January 23rd at 10PM

Giant Fish - The movie Jaws scared an entire generation off of ocean beaches...but there are monsters lurking in freshwater lakes and rivers too. Are these just fish stories or are they real? From the Artic Circle to the Amazon, MonsterQuest will launch expeditions to find the biggest and nastiest giant fresh water fish. From catfish large enough to swallow kids whole to trout as large as a boat. Scientists will deploy giant lures and underwater cameras in a search for monster fish.

Wednesday December 19th at 10PM

Did anyone watch this show>

I heqrd they were going to be at Point Lake, in the NWT of Canada.

I fished at Point Lake, and had a tremendous fishing experince and wouldve like to have seen the show, but I was out in SD hunting and couldnt get Disc at the cabin.

They featured Pine River in MN as well, where a guy got bit by a northern smile.gif Also WI where they did show a HUGE jaw of a musky that was found. That thing was unreal.

But the show was kinda "duh" and over sensationalized, but was fun to watch last night while having a few beers wink.gif and joke about it.

BTW - the doglike show, the big cat show, and the freshwater giants show all featured MN. Maybe we just have plenty of mythical or wierd beasts, huh? wink.gif

There was a roadkill found by Barnesville that could not be identified as a wolf or a dog. The fur buyer in FF. had it. A good friend of mine [he runs a trapline]looked at it and thought is was a crossbreed. He was telling me about this and then I told him about the Monster Quest show. It was quite a coincidence. He never saw the show. Anyway Barneville is only about 7 miles or so cross country from Rolog where the show was filmed. So in my mind, theres your monster.

• 2 weeks later...

This show rocks it’s very interesting and they always refer to a place or someone in Minnesota.

By the way I am not the Blaine Johnson that was bitten by a fish in Pine River. shocked.gif

I live and work in Clay County only a few miles from the spot that the History Channel filmed. We were laughing at this. It is good entertainment. We have had wolf hybreds for years in the area. I loved the fact that the so-called wildlife expert they used is a Scheels optics buyer. They never called our local C.O. or our sheriff's office on any reports or sighting of this "creature". But was good entertainment non the less.

• 4 weeks later...

my friends in South Texas have the myth of the Chupacabra in Cuero Texas, this October when I was there, the lady who found one actually had the head of this beast on display in a cooler at thier festival.

I believe it was Texas A&M that did a study and it was something like a mange coyote or something, but not fully conclusive, If you search the web for Cuero Texas and the Chupacabra there are actual pictures of this thing.

Did this run on the history channel? I think I knew a guy that spoke on the big fish section...I believe they contracted Ron Schara's filming crew to tape it if this is the same one.