• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Christmas Eve Holly

Quote:

100_2999.jpg

Pictures are worth a 1000 words aren't they. For the most part, the pattern for success is very easy at this time. Simply find a location that you're confident with and then "honker down" and wait 'em out. Over the past thirty years, both in open water and over hard water, I have caught countless fish like these beauties by following that simple rule. At times you'll catch them suspended and like these two I iced yesterday, you'll hook-up while working your presentation on or in close proximity to the bottom. Either way....it's always a blast!
wink.gif

100_2990.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Roger! We've got a great pattern on them right now, that's way you haven't seen me on the the lake. Speaking of Lake Winniepeg, word has it that you and your crew are really "sticking" some serious 'eyes out there...way to go! I was planing a trip over to reef at Grand Beach today, however thing's never panned out.

• 2 weeks later...

the lakes still going strong stu....

big during the week was 30-3/4"

lots of fish yesterday....including 2-28"...a 29" and a 30"

all big fish have been cr'd

man the lake is full of bait....

the phosphates and nitrates really have the plankton zooplankton bite really going on the susppended shiners....the most consistent bite....

the back eddy keeps socking them back in....

the late day perch bite has been good for a few fillers

but when the shiners get pushed shallow and both bites collide

the shallow bite can be an all day affair....

see you out there soon.....