• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Reports?

jltimm

Was up this afternoon for the maiden voyage of the season with my 9 year old son, we headed out near Hennepin Island.

We were on a sled and didn't see or run across any slush thank god. We had 10-11" of great solid ice.

Fished from 1-5 and caught 3 nice perch, tons of lookers and not much for takers, threw everything but the kitchen sink at them.

Not much action up there today that I could see.

Next time try fishing lures. I have never had too much luck with kitchen appliances. Caught one on a fork once, the waiter said it was sushi.

When you have a 9 year old who is always on the go with you, you will learn to be creative and do whatever it takes to try and get them to bite!

Seems to be the concensus on the fishing lately, lots of lookers and few takers.

I also fished the SE corner. I did throw the kitchen sink at them - no 'eyes, but a few perch.

I fished north end of grassy- nothin.

Fished near Malone - a few perch, no eaters.

Fished north end of Popes reef - more small perch.

And finally, the graveyard - Nothin.

There were people sorting through a lot of small perch and catching some keepers right in front of Anglers Paradise. About 10-1.

Se corner real slow IMO.

Good Luck!

I was out on the flats today, had a total of 2 bites. Luckily pulled both up. 26" and 22.5" eyes. Really slow, but those fish made it worth it. Hope to get up again in the coming days to try and catch them again. Good luck this weekend.