• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Harriet Report

Was out in the snow today. Right off the weed edge. 7 keeper sized crappies. They came in waves. The weather system didn't help the bite any. There must be a solid foot of ice on the west side of the lake. Didn't think there would be that much, only brought the hand auger. Power auger for sure next time. The wind had really blown most of the snow off the lake prior to this storm. Was surprised by the amount of ice.

Walleye71,

Nice job. How big were the keepers? The last few years I haven't found any crappies over 7 inches...

Thanks,

John

we were there last night and caught 4 small walleyes and 2 perch,frostee jig tipped with a minnow was the key.Caught them in 14 fow

Any walleyes over 13 inches? You hit the west side?

I've caught some smaller walleyes and crappies this winter, but nothing great. All on the west side.

First time user on this forum guys/gals. Tons of good information and helpful tips to be had.

Anyway, I hit Harriet this weekend after not have ice fished for about 20 years and got 2 nice eyes (15.5") and a northern pike of all things. The fish came right on the weed edge in 13' of water.

Went out last night from 2-6 and caught 2 little perch,2 walleyes and my dad had on a mid 40" ski.We couldnt get it through the hole and it finally broke off.We were fishing in 14 fow.The biggest walleye of the night came on a perch chubby darter and the other one came on a dead stick,demon jig tipped with a minnow.My dad also had a really nice eye on but got off