• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Rental Recommendation (for a buddy on leave)

Maximum12

Hey all, I have a buddy coming home for a two-week leave from Kosovo on January 2nd & he's looking to rent a place Mille Lacs with his wife & two kids for a couple of days. I've never rented a house up there, so I was hoping a few of you could steer me to a good place based on personal experience. I've looked at the sponsors page, but am interested in some feedback based on folks who've rented already. Thanks a lot!

Rented from Mcquoids on the east side very nice sleepers and close to an eatery. they also have a motel. they are on the web

I would give Paul a call at appledoorns. Great service, great cabins and good fishing right off his ice road.

i would recomend appeldoorns. everytime i've stayed there, i've been pleased with the service and the fish grin.gif

I would check out wilderness warmth. Contact info is on top of the page. Great service, great people, great price. Give them a call!

I stayed at Appledoorn's in a cabin for 10 days and for me that's the way to go.

The cabins are nice and new, cable TV, wireless internet, fireplace and full kitchen.

Paul is a great guy and helpful with the fishing.

I did take a look at the permanents and they were nice and placed well on and around Doe Island reef. Because I wanted the creature comforts and am fishing from a sled with a portable I went with cabin.

From what I saw at the time last week, Appeldoorn's and Hunter's had the best roads plowed.

Good Luck,

John

Thanks for the fantastic suggestions, all. I'll pass them on whole to my buddy - I'm sure he'll have a blast wherever they end up!

When he decides on a place, why dont we all throw in $10-20 each for him and his family via the resort to say thanks to a serviceman and cover his w/e.

I second donating to help a serviceman and his family. Count me in. Post which resort.

We have brand new wheel houses with flat screen tvs and play stations - we also have cozy log cabins with a day house rental combination. Check out our website or call - we also have some great weekday specials!

Hey guys, that's hugely generous of you.

I've sent him an email but haven't heard back yet - he's sometimes off base for up to a week at a time, so it could be a bit. But once I find out I'll post the info here.

Harry, I'll throw him your web address as well. grin.gif

All, thanks for the offers - & after all that he decided not go venture out onto Mille Lacs after all. Next time!

The sooner the better...once the mission is complete. The serge is working! Heck, even some of the libs are finally admitting it's working:)