• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
tcbrookston

Slimers for Christmas

tcbrookston

Hey guys, We are having Christmas at our house on Christmas day and my elderly Dad and my wife's elderly Grandpa are coming. My 11 yo and myself have been put in charge,(by the wife) to go get some good boiling fish for Christmas dinner. Slimers or pout. I need a few pounds for a snack.

Where would you go to get the most meat? Small ones are not an issue as I can bone anything.

In the interest of not giving out any secrets, don't respond here. Hit me with an email at rsduluth at that yahoo place.

Thanks guys.

BTW, I relise I am asking a lot. I am not asking for any secrets, just a some clues for where to go.

Capt.Blaine

Grand Lake, fish the weed edge along the trench. I am heading out tomorrow on a different lake up past Cotton. I usually toss back snakes but if you want a few I'll keep them for you. Shoot me an email if you’re interested. I'm heading out at 5am I'll check my email before I leave.

tcbrookston

I would love some. Grand would be be fine, but they are SO small. I had thought about that though.

If you bring any home you want to unload, shoot me an email. it looks like you are rather close to me.

BTW, if anyone wants to get in on the mission, let me know. A last minute tip up day might sound fun. I haven't heard any news about Rice ice, but that would be another good one.

There is nothing better on Christmas day than a northern boil!!!

If you want to join me, where ever we decide to go, shoot me an email or leave me a message here. It won't be five am. I will let the 11 yo sleep in a bit. More like 10 or 11 will work for us.

Capt.Blaine

You have mail. I heard that Rice has been slow.

andrew chadwick

Id go to grand. the little ones are much better tasting anyways, and it is unethical to eat the big ones.

tcbrookston

It may be unethical, but they taste almost as good as eagle.

andrew chadwick

i guess its the same- If is see either killed, you get chased away with a shotgun and a few choice words... just kidding about the shotgun part, but not the word part.

tcbrookston

Maybe I should just skip it and go to church in the morning. I can get my sermon there.

BTW, no game hog here in anyones terms.

Steve Foss

tc, wish I could join you. I always love a good day with the pike tip-ups.

Lots of room for differing perspectives. Catch-and-release is an excellent way to preserve a fishery, but so many of us, myself included, fish to eat as well as to enjoy.

tcbrookston

Thanks stfcatfish: I practice both myself.

Should be a good day if the wind doesn't start to howl to bad.

Surface Tension

Give Grand a shot, they ain't all small in there.

tcbrookston

Ya, I know frank. I have fished it a lot. I think even a time or two with you. I decided to hit some smaller, ore secret lakes for the day with the wind that is suppose to come.

Thanks Frank

Tom

Surface Tension

May Your Tip-Up flags fly high and often!

tcbrookston

And they did Frank. One busted a brand new quick strike leader. One straightened my hook out. Got one real nice one and two small keepers. The snow was blowing so bad I had to leave the flags up and just watch for the spin, so I had to have both tip ups right behind the wheeler to block some of the wind.

I was on the same lake for crappies last week and there was very little slush, now it covers the whole lake about 6 inches deep. I can just imagine how it will be after this snow.

Then the adventure started. Once I had a quick limit, I figured I had better head out because I had such a hard time getting through the slush and snow on the way out. Turned the key, and nothing. Battery dead! frown.gif

Walked the mile back to the truck and the rest of the adventure is yet to come.

Got a buddy coming over to help me get my generator out there to get the battery charged. By that time we should have enough snow that I will need him to pull me through the slush and snow back off of the lake with his sled. The excitement is building by the second. Just another day on the ice! frown.gif

Those slimmers better be the best I have ever had!

tcbrookston

Well, got the weeler off the lake. What a mess. Slush everywhere. My wheeler is like a big ice cube.

Surface Tension

Sometimes those fishing trips go that way. Glad you got your wheeler off off the lake. I was thinking I knew what lake you were on till you said you had to walk a mile off the lake. Now I'm thinking your were up by Canyon? wink.gif

tcbrookston

Close detective. Somewhere with in about 50 miles. grin.gif

Might have only been a half a mile from the middle of the lake to where I parked, but if you multiply the distance by the depth of the slush and the speed of the wind, it was well over a mile.

I still had fun and a good work out.

Merry Christmas everyone!