• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Does anyone know if it is legal to wade from the 19 bridge downstream? A buddy and I were down there not too long ago and wanted to fish downstream more. We crossed underneath that old train bridge or w/e it is. We then fished below that for a while and were kicked off by a guy that came out on that bridge asking if we had permission... last I knew water was public but yeah i dont know what the deal was

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CrappiesNCats

• norwall

• morefishplease

• wanger29

Sure its legal! as long as your in the water! if you cross private property to get to the water then ask permission first!You would have better fishing in a canoe i would think, if that would of been me i would of told him where to go! some shoreline owners think they own the water.People with big docks think they own that area also.

i may be used to calling bridges different things, and am having trouble visualizing, but are you guys talking about the one that begins the shell rock? its great fishing if you just ask the guy that lives there.

Thanks for the replies. Yes im talking about where the shellrock starts. The 19 bridge crosses and then down stream there is another bridge(you can see it in the pic) and it must be a private one and while we were fishing below that, the guy(you can actually see him on the bridge) asked if we had permission to fish there(we were in the water the whole time). I didnt want to start anything so I said no? and he told us to get on the other side... Even if the bridge is private, I would imagine it would be legal to walk underneath it in the water. We didnt get a chance to talk to him as the fast moving water was loud and he was with a bunch of other ppl...

IMG_0744.jpg

Yeah with the amount of people been goin' down there I could imagine the guy's probably gonna keep a watchful eye on his bridge. I guess I can't blame him there, however if there's a possible way of strictly wading down there he can't stop ya. I know it's not too deep down there, it's been a few years since I fished there. We used to walk to that bridge then wade off shores. By the way how's the pressure been down there? I drove by going trout'n 2 weeks back at 4:30 AM and there was 5 vehicles there. Haven't been by since.

the bridge is private. the guy who owns it though will generally give you permission. his driveway is the one right by the road bridge.

bullhead central if you use live bait there, but i have caught a ton of fish there. just on that other side of the dam is where i've had some of the best fishing of my life, but we asked permission, not that you would need to if you were wading

Things have really slowed down at the bridge, water must have dropped a foot in the last week.We need a heavy rain again to really bring em into that area. Was very good fishing while it lasted!

The bridge in the background is the old dam,and i dont see how the dam could be private property, he dont own the dam. he owns the land that surrounds it and as long as you stay in the water he cant say anything if he does call the game warden.

The bridge in the background is the old dam,and i dont see how the dam could be private property, he dont own the dam. he owns the land that surrounds it and as long as you stay in the water he cant say anything if he does call the game warden.

the dude is more than a little nuts. but all you have to do is take that driveway right before the bridge and ask for permission. hes never turned me down.

legally you dont have to ask if you have waders, but why be harassed when you can just ask the guy and then he wont yell at you.

the guy in the white shirt is the one who talked to you is my guess,he owns alot of land around there but not the water i'm sure.just call the dnr (in albert lea) and tell him the story and what bridge it is, it wont be the first time he has heard of it.then you'll know for next time you do it.use a canoe its easier than waders back there.good luck!

Whats with all the dead carp around the lake this pass week?was out there over the weekend and its slowed down alot but only a few caught,fished more in the middle off the point had more luck out there,good luck!

I'm guessing a combination of post-spawn stress with shallow water & higher temp's. It's not been just that lake, I've seen the same in many field drainage ditches as well as a couple other shallow lakes. Gett'n pretty ripe in some places.

If anyone's interested Dan Conradt's doing a story on the carp kill tonight on ABC-6 News/KAAL. Hopefully be fairly informative and interesting. It should be the lead story on the 5:00 PM news.

any other fish being spotted belly up? it doesnt really pain me to see a bunch of carp kill off, but they are pretty hardy so i am a little worried about that

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyone else has been out on A.L. lake lately?Been out there with no action just bullheads.Suppose it will turn on sooner or later with more rain hopefully sooner

not AL, but Fountain is giving up some eatin size cats pretty consistently. chicken liver has been outproducing cutbait.

• 2 weeks later...

I was out on A.L. Last week, both boat and shore fishing. We started out at 6 am and fished until noon and didn't have a single bite. We tried leeches, Gulp Alive Leeches, Jig heads and twister tails with several variations of those, Rapalas, Daredevils and I didn't get a single bite. My fishing buddy caught two bullhead between 6:30-7 am but the rest of the trip was rather dull. Water level is down significantly and weeds are even more visible within the lake. Lake was a real dark green with visibility to only a couple of inches.

I love coming over to ALbert Lea to fish for walleye(C&R) but the last couple of times I have been there have just been crappy. How long has fishing been down there?

Speaking of that, if anyone goes out on A.L. or Fountain and need a partner, let me know.

Possibly? I'd hit Fountain last weekend in a boat and almost would've rather had hit it on shore. I got a few spots I like from shore rather than boating. The bite has slowed down but it's not over.

• 2 weeks later...

skunked again boyz,I'm done til freeze up !!

concentrate on the kitties. still going strong.

Norwall dont give up yet!! Found out the bite might be coming on. I will keep you posted, Im heading out again Sat. morning.

Yeah im still fishn nites for kats,but the bugs are horendus

we've done well from about 6-9am and then from 6pm-10 on but we rarely have fished nights, we have had scattered success fishing the hole in the midday hours. we've caught a lot of good eater size cats but we stink at catching the bigguns

• 2 weeks later...

The lake and the dam is still really green, and not a lot of water running over the dam. Have not seen anyone fishing at the dam, and fountain has been slow. Tried Sunday night but nothing. You would think the bite is getting ready to turn on with these cooler temps at night.