• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Even though Barek nailed a 20-incher last night in his house I think the bite has been slow.

I know Leech will not agree, but it has been pretty slow for most people. I am talking eyes here.

So far -- I have 2 keepers (16.5 and 17.5) and a couple of snot rockets.

Anyone else noticing this trend?

Yeah, I've noticed that the bite has been slow too.....wait...I haven't been fishing yet this winter....never mind tongue.gif

Eye --

Get off you Dodge and get out there. You going to the same place to what?

I will agree on the eyes the bite has been slow. except i set up yesterday on some seriously big perch, and a couple more eyes (think i might have missed one too...fricken vexi) anyways the bite yesterday was decent going out soon...hopefully, to the same spot,wouldnt mind picking up some more perch like that.

I'm going out too -- got a "storm-ish" coming in wonder if they will bite before it?

Well went out again today, second day i drove on the ice. i know stupid stupid but 13 inches of ice come on now, i think its good. anyways did fair tonight, first was situated about where i was last night and caught 1 nice perch in 2 hrs.--wondered what was up and why i did so well yesterday, so i took the aqua view around and sure-poop, found what i was looking for, one loan log in a hole in an area with no structure. that thing held fish like crazy, bunch of perch, LOTS OF Northerns, most were decent size, saw them come through on the aqua view. so all in all about 2 northern, 1 eye (threw back) and about 40 perch about 8 keepers, so i guess the bite wasnt ON but it was still there.

Jiggin --

Yeah, most people are driving -- I will join them soon.

The bite continues to be very slow for me on Pelican. I did hear about the neighbors getting a couple of nice ones, but that was about it.

Slow.

Hope it picks up.

Say -- are you all using shiners stillo or are you getting some on fatheads?

We used a little of both right away, but only caught them on shiners -- might need to go back to half and half.

havent used shiners yet... mostly fatheads, and then some crappie minnows. thinking about moving to some shiners, and a bunch of walleyes on minnow heads.

Went to a small local that had zero fishouses on it. I was a little scared got the portable set up and caught some nice jumbo perch and big sunnies.

It was fun. Had one eye hit, I think, but I missed it.

all in all it was fun to have some action again.

Eyes on Pelican are still MIA.

Might have to get directions to that lake Hitman. Sounds like your night went alright after we talked on the phone. I release most of the fish I catch anyway so I will leave the perch and sunnies for you to catch again. Except maybe for one fryn pan full... I like catching perch and pannies that keep you busy all day long..... Sounds like a lot of fun.....

I think I know where that lake is Hitman, Thinking about trying it this weekend, most likely sunday. Catch some perch and sunnies and realease most of them. Do you mind If I try it from your tip.... Only Four wheelers ???