• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Good Spots around Red Wing area?

Hey everyone, Im new to the site and am looking to do some ice fishing this winter, mainly during January. Are there any spots in a 30 mile radius of Red Wing that have decent fishing. Mainly looking for crappies,pannies,northerns or walleyes.

Also Im looking at a MarCum LX-3... and what you all think about them or should I go a cheaper unit for my first one? Reason Im thinking about spending a little more is because I heard they last quite a while and I would end up using it for sometime and it would be nice to have some good features on it.

Thanks for your help!

Welcome to the forum.

The LX-3 will make you happy. There really is no "steps" when buying fish finders. The LX-3 is a great buy with many features you will learn and learn to like.

As for fishing close to Red Wing- Check out the regional 'Pool 4-11' forum. That is more the area you are lookin at. It will cover areas from the Red Wing ponds to the waters of Lake City.

Good luck

Ryan