• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St. Louis River POUTFEST

We are doing this Dec 29th out of Boyscout landing. Pout are just coming in so it should be real good poutin.

Ill be there 3:30pm if not sooner. We wont go too far from the landing so everyone will be able to see us from the lot. Ill try to hang a banner by my purple Otter.

It will be the one with pout stacked up like corwood outside it. wink.gif

Bring your smelt, beverages and food. Glow spoons and jigs are the shiznit. Some in the 1/2oz range may be needed. Ill try to get us on a seem or edge.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Northlander

• BD110

• SKIPPERS KID

• Tom Linderholm

I would love to attend but My wife has us in Buffalo NY for a few days visiting the in laws. Maybe next year.

Hey steve I thought you threw those stuffed pout away last year. I'll be there should I bring the cat along for you. smirk.gif

Nothing I like better than iceing a big fat fish with no intentions of keeping it. Consider Cheffrey IN!

Quote:

Nothing I like better than iceing a big fat fish with no intentions of keeping it. Consider Cheffrey IN!

No intentions to keep? I'd be more than happy to take any Pout you catch off your hands. MMMMMM Pout.

I got 7 in the back of my truck for BD110 he will take all on friday I will help him out smirk.gif. I will be out by 2pm friday hope to see you there call me tom and we will get you some pout laugh.gif.

I'll be down in Sconnie-land for my families Xmas that weekend. I am planning on getting down at least one evening this extended weekend tho (maybe tonight), maybe see some of ya down there. I'm in a Green Otter.

PS: Anyone have a few smelt to sell? I'm down to my last ziplock bag of 'em that BD110 gave me last year.

You know I'm in! is anyone bringing a grill,I am thinking about stuffing some veni brats for dinner.

Well I will there smile.gif. Like I will be out all week steve and I will keep you all up on the Bite smirk.gif. Looks like a good group going see you there.

Hey capt B good 7" of ice. Should be good as long as mother nature doesnt screw it up. S kid will be down most of the week.

Gary I will be done most of the week confused.gif. What do you mean??? But I will be out a lot this week smirk.gif. Well today was slow for me this afternoon I got 2 walleye and one was just a hair over 20 inches smile.gif. I got 2 pout and one was really nice they where both good pout smile.gif. Those pout are fun to catch when they are big. Well thanks northlander, and BD110 and I can not remember steve friend name but it will come to me latter. It is fun to go with others and fish and shoot the Bull Thanks guys for another good day on the ICE smirk.gif. I hope frank can post the photos of the pout thank you frank.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Skippers Kid's Pout. I think I'll make it his new avatar.grin.gif

pout.jpg

I dont know what face is uglier in that picture, its a toss up. grin.gif

Guys the ice was good last night but now with rain and wet snow hopefully we get some COLD nights before the poutfest to lock it all back up tight.

I had about 8 good inches of ice in most places I have fished on the river. It was a easy pull out with very little snow on the ice. I hope we dont get a bunch of rain/snow mix and then no cold or it could be very sloppy out there.

Seems like the morning bite is still holding true and the afternoons are getting slow.

After viewing this photo it would be a safe bet to say that I have more to learn about taking snap shots in a fish house. Frank is there a way you can photo shop this and gray out everything except the pout. grin.gif

I'll try and do a better job on the next one Tom.

OK BD110, I now you have a hard time taking photo's But you a least got to see a pout on the end of my line smirk.gif. I would have taken a great photo of you and your fish But after reviewing this post where was your fish :shocked.:. Well if I was a nice guy I would have taken the photo of my fish with you and posted it smirk.gif. Plus you left with more pout than any one there wow where did you get them and is he on FM well you now where they came from so I hope you enjoy them and have a nice night X-mass shopping with the wife take care and we will help you get a pout yet confused.gif. I wish gary could get out he has a lot to say as well he has not gotten one yet this year but he talks alot shocked.gif.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Pout Fest?

Is that a fish or sad face and protruding bottom lip. tongue.gif

Skippers Kid,

I should have known better then to give such a great fisherman some grief. Not only do I take a bad photo but my lack of good judgement needs a little work also.

With that said I doubt that I'll be working on either of those concerns any time soon as there's lots of fishing to be done!!!!

Keep saving me all the Pout you would like. smirk.gif

With all the snow I moved only to have the wind put it back again my back is so sore I doubt Ill be pulling the house out for a few days. Im sure this snow will really mess up the lakes and make it hard to pull out houses by hand.

I just hope we dont get a bunch of slush now.

Nice Pout! I'm gonna try to come out. I've accidently caught quite a few on Mille Lacs, but haven't ever intentionally tried to catch any of the ole poor man's lobster.

Steve, I just got home from plowing you never called me I would help you out But you never called shocked.gif. I bet you wish your otter was lighter now I put in 17 hours today my self and time for bed I will be back at it a 5 am smirk.gif.

Tom when you are done with all your plowing I may have you come over and move some banks for me. That will give me some more snow blowing room for the next go round.

Im going to be out Poutin Wed/Thurs. Who knows maybe I will even get some dusk walleyes.

Happy Holidays everyone and be safe.

Ill be out at Boyscout after work today. About 4pm. Anyone in? Hopefully I can pull the house out through the snow. 3" more tonight? frown.gif