• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Vikes vs Washington

Scott K

Come on guys, no-one is talking about this game? Its got to be the Vikings biggest game of the year. What are your predictions?

We dont have anybody to talk smack with like the Bears or the pack, but what do you think? Do the Vikes stand a chance? They didnt look to good last week, are they going to turn it around and kick the snot out of the Skins?

I will guess Vikes by 13! smile.gif

Go Vikes!!!

It should be a good game depending on which teams show up? If the queens from the Chicago game show up they will be leaving with a loss. Washington does have an offense, albeit not a strong one. I think Washington wins this one in a tight game 24-17.

I think the Vikes had 4 great games in a row...and it was time for a bad one. They had it...and still won.

Now, they will be back to a good game and will win by 10 points over washington.

Is there anyway that the vikes can clinch that wild card this weekend even with a saints win? Or do the saints have tie breakers over the vikes?

Should be a good game. Washington is pretty good, just a lot of close losses. This game is looking like a rematch of the 1988 season finale between these two teams. Anyone remember that one? Doug Williams comes in and leads them to victory in OT?

I do remember the NFC championship game I think in 87 when Darrin Nelson dropped a Whisky Wade pass in the end zone to send the game to OT. He later blamed it on a broken figer. ANybody else remember?? I may have the year off but it was give or take 2 years around 87-88 season.

Vikes Skins this year is a pre playoff game.

Quote:

Is there anyway that the vikes can clinch that wild card this weekend even with a saints win? Or do the saints have tie breakers over the vikes?

The Saints have to loose, and the Vikes win in order for the Vikes to clinch.

If the Saints win out and the Vikes drop one game of their final two making both teams 9-7---Saints would go to playoffs. I'm hoping both Saints and Giants lose this weekend and then the Vikes are looking really good.

I am looking forward to the game, been a while since we made it to the playoffs chances are good. Vikes by ten.

yes i remember that game. MN had a great year in sports from twins to The Hockey tournament, the only stain was Nelson dropping a pass in the endzone wide open with seconds left. I can still picture it.

I feel sorry for America that they have had too watch this viking team on national TV 2 weeks in a row. Did the coaches gameplan this week? Did the players have the week off of practice? I mean this is beyond pathetic. confused.gif

Clutch game=CHOKE!

Nice vaunted offensive line work.

Tavaris is panicky, and we're gettin out-coached big time.

Big Time.

I see absolutely no heart or passion on this team tonight. It is so simple, everyone stacks the line against peterson so he cannot run. All it takes is for our sorry excuse of a quarterback to be able to complete some passes (to his own team) and waaalaaa, suddenly the defense will be honest and there is room for Peterson to run. With tavaris at QB I see no hope.

Horrible, with no passing game Peterson isn't going to be able to run at all. And for Cripes sake, can someone tell Jackson to eat a ball now and then?????

Know kidding I get nervous everytime Jackson throws the ball!!!! He should give the ball to Peterson or Tayler every play, cuz Jackson cant throw a ball If his life depended on it its emberrissing! mad.gif

Quote:

yes i remember that game. MN had a great year in sports from twins to The Hockey tournament, the only stain was Nelson dropping a pass in the endzone wide open with seconds left. I can still picture it.

your memory fails you. He looks short of the endzone to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW8aXD9I300

I think there is a lot too be said for coaches putting players in a position too succeed. I know he threw some bad balls, but i think its more than just coincidence that all of a sudden with 5 minutes too go in the 3rd Jackson started throwing the ball well and the offense took off. It took our so-called offensive guru of a head coach 40 minutes into the game to figure out how to get the ball moving. The offense was way too predictable. How hard is it too figure out that if you spread the offense and get the defense spread out a bit that you can run the ball. If a team is going too cram 8 or 9 people in the box all game, you can't sit and run nothing but tight sets. It plays right into the defenses hands. They run blitz and if its a pass play well they are all over the QB before he can even think of reading whats going on. 40 minutes into the game he decides too shake things up? The 49ers and bears did the same thing against the vikes. Did he really think the skins werent going too do the same? I mean come on, are you watching film Childress? You couldnt see that defensive scheme coming? I thought for a nice stretch of games that Childress as much as anyone had started too figure things out and was finally putting players in the best position too succeed. This game for 40 minutes looked an awful lot like the games earlier in the year against the chiefs and lions. Just absolutely horrible gameplans. I came away from the 49ers game thinking that ok, this team does have a good defense and they did a good job. I came away from the bears game thinking, ok its the bears, a division foe, their defense came too play, but its not good that Peterson got shut down again. I now think ok, our coach doesnt have it figured out and it now looks like teams know what we are doing everytime the ball is snapped. Its way too predictable.

I agree that Chilly has no clue how to run an offense. But the reason that we started to move the ball later in the game is because their defense loosened up and was letting us have 6 yard outs and slants.

Chilly sucks, Tavaris sucks. I'm about ready to get rid of both of them. I just cannot understand why or how a coach can be so stubborn that he will stick with a QB that it is obvious doesn't have what it takes. He still claims he will be the starter next year though.confused.gif

I think we need to make a push to get a QB from Cleveland or see if we can get McNabb to come here for a one or two year stint. Then draft or trade for a young upcoming kid and let them learn a year or two on the sidelines. While they're at it, convert Tavaris to receiver, he looks like he could do okay there, athleticly speaking at least.