• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St. Croix in Prescott

PikeFerret

I live in Hastings and would like to get on the St. Croix by Prescott if possible. Anyone know where to access it or has anyone had any luck before?

Hey Pike Ferret, I also live in Hastings and would like to get out on the St Croix somewhere near Prescott. I stopped by Point Douglas Park and it looked like somebody had drilled a few holes just off the beach but I did not see anybody out when I was there and did not go out myself. Sorry I don't know where else to go out but I'm sure somebody will have an answer (I was just getting on the forum to post this same question).

It is fishable usualyl a bit later on once the ice has a chance to thicken. I bet the holes were from someone checking ice thickness....I know one thing I wouldn't want to be the first one out there. We need another stretch of colder temps to work on that ice, the snow really hosed us.

any updates? i've always wanted to try the croix also...did alot of the snow blow off the ice? it did around me so with these colder temps it should make ice faster..where i was fishing last week had 6 inches now today when i went out i had 10-12 inches.

• 3 weeks later...

I fished for a little while on Sunday and there was 10+ inches of ice out where the perm is setup. Almost all of the snow has melted so if we get a little colder temps the ice should keep building in this area. There were a few 4 wheelers and snowmobiles out there and 1 wheeler was pulling a perm up the shoreline. Fishing was not good, I did not catch anything in the short time I spent out there and the others I talked to had not caught any fish.

hey i am just wondering how the bite is in prescott on the st croix by pt douglas beach??? i am planning on fishing it tomoorrow sometime so any info would be great

THNX robbie

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. I have fished the Prescott area in the Spring and Fall But have never ice fished it. Where is the best place to get access to the River? And Wat do you usually use out there for bait? Fatheads?

I tried the Criox by Prescott on Friday evening and most of the day Sunday. I fished deep, shallow and everywhere in between using fatheads and crappie minnows. I caught 0 fish and everybody I talked to caught about the same, only heard of 2 saugers and 1, 40" sturgeon being caught. It could be that I don't know what I'm doing but the bite there seems to be slow for everybody.

Access to the river is centered in this link Prescott Ice Access which is just West of Bay Point Park (zoom out to see the whole area). Maybe the fishing picks up here later in the season (I hope). There were a lot of large Shad in the area so maybe that is part of the problem.

I was out there Sunday from 3-6 and ended up with 5 sauger, two about 15", one around 13" and two dinks. Marked a few more bit that was about it.

Stratosman, what depth were you fishing in and was this near Point Douglas Park or do you have a secret spot further up river? I left the river at about 2:30 on Sunday, maybe I should have stayed around a little longer.