• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

BEARS LOSE!

lawdog

Late breaking news: BEARS ELIMINATED FROM PLAYOFF CONTENTION!

Windy cries and makes excuses as usual...but that's not news. tongue.gif

Looks like Urlacher will be superbowl shuffling to the fridge to grab drinks during the commercials!

Quote:

They are who we thought they were.........

Thats funny right there, but I'm a Vikes fan and that was just a horrible game to watch. Neither team wanted to step up and take charge of the game. Both offenses were bad and both teams were making mistakes that hurt them. The game didn't deserve to be on Monday night. frown.gif

As a Vikes fan who thinks the Vikes should sweep the rest of the season, it sure appeared like they had that fantasy wrapped up tonight. They just didn't show up to play and were more than likely looking past the Bears or taking them for granted.

agreed Hanson, they played poorly, but they still found a way to win, and probably winning games you don't play that well in is more important right now than winning the ones you do play well in. They are still young and had some definite growing pains last night (particularly Jackson who regressed horribly!), BUT they found a way to win and a W is all that matters in the end!

Quote:

they are who we thought they were

THAT WAS FUNNY... laugh.gifgrin.giflaugh.gif

2nd game in a row where the running game was not clicking, the defense was forcing the vikes to pass. Cover 3 defense with a single safety covering the middle passing routes. Both Steve Young and Jaws (commentators) were saying how any NFL QB needs to be able to recognize this scheme and pick it apart with easy, short throws. 8 defenders in the box leaves just 3 defenders to cover all our receivers, and T. Jackson came up short in my opinion. He really needs to step up his game if the Vikes hope to do anything in the coming years.

Yes, another in the "W" column is a good thing. As I said in the other Bears-Vikes thread, my take is the Vikes managed not to lose more so than they won the game - if you know what I mean.

Windy is awfully quiet today! smirk.gif You guys are right it was a horrible game. But they did find a way to win, and thats what playoff teams do when they are having a poor game, they find a way to win.

How about our defense, it sure looked good. If it wasnt for the turnovers we would have only allowed 3 points! Lets hope they turn it around and play better against Washington, because I dont think we will beat them if we played like we did last night.

T-jack definetly needs to step up. Hand offs were scary to watch last nite. I think the only reason we won is the bears ooofense is much worse than ours. We won so I cant be to critical. Go Vikes

[quote The game didn't deserve to be on Monday night. frown.gif

Its a good thing Monday night football is not the "must see" event it was some years ago - or I would be terribly embarrassed in our team... On that note - an ugly win is better than a well-played loss.

Yes Bears are eliminated... We all saw that coming, with Bears being down to their 3rd Qb and 2nd rb, as well as a decimated defense.

ALthough I knew the Vikings would beat the Bears, I still think, if the Bears were healthier, they are a much better team then the MN Vikings are, and not to mention, a much better defense as well. Vikings were almost fully healthy, and they barely beat the Bears playing at home. If Bear's qb would have connected, in the 4th quarter, that long pass for a td to Berrian, game would have been tied, but he under threw it... Berrian was open too...

I have not been a Vikings fan ever since Randy Moss left.. I think that was the most dumb move the MN Football organization can ever make.. What were they thinking?

Every good player that leaves MN, gets a championship... Im sure Randy MOss can be added to that list this year as well.

Quote:

If Bear's qb would have connected, in the 4th quarter, that long pass for a td to Berrian, game would have been tied, but he under threw it... Berrian was open too...

That is a big if, we could say if Peterson didnt misshandle the fumble, or if T-Jack didnt throw any int's. The Vikings could have scored 4 more touchdowns! smirk.gif You can also look at it this way "if" the Vikings didnt turn over the ball, the Bears would have only scored 3 pts! grin.gif

Sorry guys,

I was at our companies end of the year meeting Monday and Tuesday and was no where near a computer. So here goes:

Lawdog-Nice prediction man, you were dead on with that 25 point victory prediction of 31-6, too bad the Queens did not get the memo. If you Queen fans are feeling all goosy pimply over a narrow victory over a depleated team like the Bears then all I can say is....ONE AND DONE...If you even make the playoffs. Queens did nothing to show me that they are ready to step up and make a statement. Talk to me after they make it to the big dance like my Bears did last year. Notice I did not ask you to win the thing....Because that is something you Queen fans have NEVER had the pleasure of witnessing.....We are the Bears shuffling crew....!!!!!!!

I guess if any of you were really confident of your team you would have taken my avatar bet. There was only one of you who had enough testicular fortitude to even suggest the 10 point line....Which you would have lost!

Windy

Even if the Vikings are "One and Out", it will be a successful year for us as we have something to build on.

The Bears had a terrible year and with the loss of their #1 quarterback (most likely) for next year...they have little to build on.

No, the Vikes have not won a Super Bowl yet, but will somdeday. This year? I HIGHLY doubt it. But, at least they are in the running....unlike the bears.

How many Bears fans does it take to change a light bulb? One, and 5 to reminisce about the burned out bulb.

That was an old Packer joke, but I changed it to the Bears.

Whether they don't make the playoffs or make it and lose right away, the Vikes have had an unexpected good year. Just think of what we could do T-Jack learns more and we get a passing game.

Also, out young rookie running back made several mistakes last night. Imagine what he could do if he improves.

Hammer,

I guess one who has never had the pleasure of Drinking from The Cup and has never had the sweet taste of TOTAL Victory would have to resort to some cheap jokes about memories....SINCE YOU DON'T HAVE ANY MEMORIES of the TOTAL Victory. One and done seems about right for the Queens this year....IF THEY MAKE IT THAT FAR!

Windy

Hey Windy,

I'm not a Queens fan at all but the way it look's they will make it to the playoff's with how crappy all the other teams that were in contention have been playing the past few weeks. They will probably have to go to Seattle the 1st round and it should be an interesting game to watch. My team is out in the windy city this weekend and they will get revenge for the week 5 loss the Bears handed them.

Quote:

Sorry guys,

Talk to me after they make it to the big dance like my Bears did last year. Notice I did not ask you to win the thing....Because that is something you Queen fans have NEVER had the pleasure of witnessing.....We are the Bears shuffling crew....!!!!!!!

Windy

I wish you were my boss Windy. That way when my sales go in the tank I could point out that one big sale I had a few years back and everything would be o.k.

As far as the bet goes, I probably would have taken you up on a 10 point give but it is kind of like going to by a car worth $30K. If the sales starts at $50K I walk out the door. If he starts at $35K, we begin negotiations.

The Bears did what I feared. They showed some pride on D and took advantage of mistakes. Vasher coming back sure helped them a lot.

Fishy,

I guess that shows the level of confidence you have in your team. Queens fans were crowing about how they were going to destroy the Bears, Lawdog set the bar predicting a 31-6 rout. I just took his line, I did not suggest it. And nary a Queen fan would take up the challenge. Shows how much faith they really had in their team. Only one guy even suggested the 10 point line which was what the Vegas line was AND THEY STILL DID NOT COVER THAT! If I started at a 10 point line the only place it could have gone is down, when negotiating you have to start high and settle low, not the other way around. Nobody even made me a counter offer...INTERESTING!

Windy

So Wild,

Would you care to jump on the Avatar bet that me and DTE have. He is giving me the lowly Bears plus 20.5 for a week of avatar posting. Any other Pack fans can chime in here also.

Windy

I hear ya and you may of noticed that I was not crowing about my boys. I feel better about the way they are playing but they are still only and average team.

I understand the start high strategy but 25 seemed to be a bit high to try to get you down from to a more reasonable level.

I admit, I don't have a lot of confidence in this team. They are young and still unproven.

So? At least we still have a shot.... Not a great one, but a shot.

Windy is now as pathetic as the losers over in Cheeseville who still want to act like Vince Lombardi is around!

No Avator bet, WHO CARES? My Av is a tribute to my dead best buddy, he's way more important than a childish bet. Oh and when your team loses, I guess beating the spread is like a "moral victory" then? Never did understand how losing was twisted into a win by pathetic losers...

Windy,

I have faith in the Packers beating the Bears but

20-1/2 pts common. Its a division game so its going to much closer. Looking at the weather 30 mph winds on Sunday, I would say closer to 10pts spread.

Hey guys,

I am not the one setting these spreads, it is the fans of those teams. Lawdog, you were the one crowing with your bold prediction, not me, I just called you on it. DTE, a Pack Fan, is the only guy on here with enough testicular fortitude to back it up with a bet. If he wins I will pay him off and he just might. If I win, I know he will pay. Mano y Mano!

Windy

Quote:

Hammer,

I guess one who has never had the pleasure of Drinking from The Cup and has never had the sweet taste of TOTAL Victory would have to resort to some cheap jokes about memories....SINCE YOU DON'T HAVE ANY MEMORIES of the TOTAL Victory. One and done seems about right for the Queens this year....IF THEY MAKE IT THAT FAR!

Windy

Because of the great amount of time that has passed, many people here arent old enough to remember the bears superbowl victory.

"Because of the great amount of time that has passed, many people here arent old enough to remember the bears superbowl victory"

Sled,

I didn't realize there were that many children crusing this thread. 22 is pretty young but that would explain most of the childish replies and their shock and awe over how much money us flat landers make. I guess anything over the $7.50 an hour they pull down at Gander Mountain or the Golden Arches looks pretty good! LOL

Thanks for teeing that one up for me Sled!

Windy

We may have to steal a orange construction cone to tee one up since we can't afford a real tee but I will take a swing. According to the Census Bureau using 2006 dollars the median household in MN in $56K+ while in the Illini are pulling in a median of $49K.

Just think where that would be without Mr. Big's (Windy) numbers to jack up Illinois numbers probably about 10K all by himself.

Fishy,

We have about 10 million or so low income people in the city limits that probably have a huge impact on that number. I know you have the Twin Cities but that town pales in comparison to The Windy. Sometimes figures lie and liars figure, LOL! Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year man, I will be heading to Figi and staying on my 125 ft. yacht for the holidays.

Windy

I figured that would be your answer and although you are correct, it also takes a lot less to make a living around here. Always fun to argue though.

Happy Holidays to you also. Send pictures of your yacht with your bikini clad harem. Feel free to leave you and your speedo with its Bears logo on the back out though. grin.gif

Quote:

"Because of the great amount of time that has passed, many people here arent old enough to remember the bears superbowl victory"

Sled,

I didn't realize there were that many children crusing this thread. 22 is pretty young but that would explain most of the childish replies and their shock and awe over how much money us flat landers make. I guess anything over the $7.50 an hour they pull down at Gander Mountain or the Golden Arches looks pretty good! LOL

Thanks for teeing that one up for me Sled!

Windy

22?

How many football games do you remember watching before your were 1 year old? Assuming football was invented then.