• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I have been fishing a 20 foot flat out of McKinley Park, and had very good luck last weekend. This weekend it was slow, although the pout hit all night Friday.

Anybody recently have any luck? DEEP? Shallow??? Time???

I have been catching fish in 24' to 30' of water.

I have also heard reports of walleyes being caught in 8' of water.

Cliff

Cliff,

I also caught my one Walleye in 26' just off from a rock pile. what kind of bottom are you fishing from? Keep in mind I am fishing the West side so it may be differnet

Caught 4 smaller walleyes and 5 12" plus perch in 45 minutes this afternoon. All in about 12' of water. A few fish being caught on your summer spot in front of greenwood bay, Cliff.

I have been getting my fish close to rocky drop-offs in sand and mud transition areas. 20' of water the past couple of days.

Cliff

Shamrock,

Nice perch! I have only gotten one that size so far this winter.

I thought that spot would be a great winter spot! wink.gif

Cliff

Spent from 7am til about 5p fishin mckinely... first time out on verm this year have been away at college. We ended up with 3 keeps out of 4 guys. We didn't move around or anything like usual so I cant confirm its slow everywhere but people in our area didn't have anything good to say about the last few times they had been out. I caught of the 2 keeps and 1 small throwback, missed a huge something on the tip up wasn't on long enough to knw anything more than it was pretty big. I was switchin off between pink/white demons and jigging different color angel eyes, if I was to go up there tommorrow, I would be lookin for structure with areas as Cliff mentioned with transition.. as I told my buddies many times yesterday, mckinely is not the only place on the lake

I think today's weather really put a damper on the fishing..........only managed two small cigar eyes in a 24ft hole off some structure. hmmm.

I had clients in my fish house today and they caught 7 and missed at least that many more! I was fishing around 30 yards away and only got one light bite all day! confused.gif

Cliff

went out at 3:30 and fished till 5 Got 5 nice perch and 1 walleye. Threw back 4-5 more perch and 3-4 small walleyes. Lots of activity on the flasher but a little reluctant to get to active

2 of us went out for the first time this year saturday. We got 6 walleye and 3 jumbo perch out of mckinley park in 16 feet of water.

Ryan j, you might save yourself some gas if you take a step out into the front yard! They are snappin in my spots, 3 good fish (you know what those are) in an hour yesterday..

Quote:

Ryan j, you might save yourself some gas if you take a step out into the front yard! They are snappin in my spots, 3 good fish (you know what those are) in an hour yesterday..

Hey Mike,

How in the world did you know who I was? Did I tell you my screen name before or just a guess? Anyway, I just wanted to try vermillion once this year. I am probably going to go out on Ely tommorow. Debating which spot to try, but I have a good feeling as to which one will produce the best.

Ryan

I clicked your name and saw your email addy and put two and two together... and I can count on one hand people that would honestly know how to catch ely eyes.. I have been hittin up the same area seems like weather has alot to do with bite and time in this spot...