• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

andrew chadwick

Me and my buddy matt went out on a local lake today (which shall remain unnamed) to fish for crappies and perch.

what we ended up catching were some true pigs.

My buddy caught this old girl. on 4 lb test and a crappie minnow. after a 15 min. fight we had her on the ice.

DSCN0805.jpg

a half hour later I caught this fish on my identical crappie set up. It may be the same one, but Im not sure.

DSCN0807.jpg

both (or the same as they were nearly identical in size)were released after a few quick pictures.

fishnhuntnboy

Congrats to you and your friend. Those are some nice pike. So what lake was that again. I didnt catch it. lol. Looks like you now have a secret spot wink.gif

Congrats

BD110

chadwick,

Congrats on the job well done. I'm not able to open the photos at this time but it sounds like a nice catch. Did you get a measurement or weight?

andrew chadwick

We didnt get an exact measurement, beacuse we only had a tweleve inch ruler. it was abit over 37 with out the tail pinch. Its girth was huge though. It was definatly over 15 lbs. If I had wanted, I could have made two fists and put both of them in its mouth.

SFBOY

great fish. that is one benefit of catching them on tackle instead of a spear. it makes CPR alot easier on the fish. its nice to know they are there and that you can get back and catch that fish again.

a few years ago, a guy caught a nice musky here in the metro tournament. its lips had been scarred from a previous catching and it was a very distinctive fish. the next year his girlfriend caught the same fish in the tournament.

EatSleepFish

By closely looking at the fish's markings in both photos, they seem to match up. But I don't know, why would a fish that size be fooled twice by the same set up in one day?

Quickstrike

because he's a pike! grin.gif

I've caught the same pike twice within an hour several times during the summer, I can see it happening through the ice, especially with live bait.

Kraska

It took 15-20 minutes to get 'er on the ice the first time, second she only made one run and was out of the hole. Here are the measurements, kinda makeshift but here it is...

head.jpg

middle.jpg

tail.jpg

Steve Foss

Nice!

I've caught the same pike twice in the same day with tip-ups. It's happened several times over the years.

umichjesse

Does your friend drive a Hemi?

chaffmj

Quote:

Does your friend drive a Hemi?

I was thinking the same thing. laugh.gif

Nice fish too.

andrew chadwick

to better put the size of that fish into perspective, the "keeper" fish that the big one is being measured on top of was 25 inches.

after closer identification, it is cartainly the same fish. the scar on the mouth gives it away. not to smart of a fish. that explains why it was so much easier to get in the second time.