• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Went out lask weekend for a little while but didn't catch anything. I'll probably try it this coming week and work a little harder to try and find 'em.

I'll post a report if I do get out!

How was the ice/snow conditions? Would walking out be a tough go? How about ATV travel? Thanks for the info

Steve

angler, did you ever get back to Martin and do any good? I was thinking of hitting it in the morning...just wondering about a good place to start. thanks

Went out but didn't catch anything just a few bites, I've heard its been pretty slow this year so...

If you do end up going out though, my advice would be to get away from the crowds as usual, that's where I find the most fish.

Went out again last night, out from the bridge from 12-4 pm. Managed to catch a few small white crappies that seemed very skinny. Missed a few other bites but nothing that felt big. Probably should have stayed out later but it was extremely cold and windy. Lots of people out there though, didn't see anyone else catch any fish. Ice seemed plenty thick, about 10-12 inches, but there was some snow on top that made moving spots tough.

angler, thanks for the report. The weather has been less than optimal with the barometer and wind, etc. I never did get over there Monday. I assume that you mean the bridge by the dam in the deeper water. (Like I said, I have never been on the lake) I think we will try it Saturday and Im sure it will be busy everywhere if the weather report holds true. I'll check in if we end up there. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone catching anything up on Martin? Might go out next weekend and just seeing if I should go elsewhere. Thanks for any help!

Went out today and it looked like there were lots of trucks and houses out by the point on the west side. Are the people out there catchin any?

I was out today in the afternoon and drilled lots of holes (ice about 17 inches thick), fished any where from 7-16 ft but only managed a few smaller crappies and one small sunny. Is any one catching any keeper crappies or any walleyes at all out there? Thanks for any help!

Havent been back to Martin for a couple of weeks. We had fished by that dam and it was the same story. Lots of little whites. Sorry...not much help.

we were over on FL and we had about 20 inches ice. We and others drove all over.