• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
goose89

Getting frustrated

goose89

This isn't fishing related and I wasn't sure where to bring it up. First off, hat's off to everyone that is involved in keeping this site the best one for outdoors types like me. It's by far my favorite (most time spent on) site.

That said, the last few months, it seems that the site is often "sluggish" and takes quite some time to go from thread to thread. I thought it might be my computer, but I've experienced the slowness on several computers. Seems like the "Slowskies" have taken over.

Don't mean to complain, but it has been getting frustrating staring at a blank screen and waiting for the blue bar on the bottom to move. Better than before this site was around, but not as good as it could be, as has been in the past, though.

goose

BANDERSO

I've been noticing that too. It's probably due to the fact that there's alot of sportsman on this site right now. Because ice fishing season is here finally!

Powerstroke

There has been some discussion in the "ice" forum. There has been some huge increases and members and traffic this fall and this has contributed to the slow down.

The admind have been working on this and I can say that it is 100% better today than it was on monday. There are several other reasons for the slowdown and its taking a while to weed through all the factors. I know its sped up for me and it keeps getting better every day. Hang in there.

goose89

Thanks for the replies. Hope things get better soon. It took nearly 10 mins to login and get a reply in. I hope the success / popularity of FM doesn't become it's downfall. I have no problem bouncing around other sites. I realize not as many people on them, but at least I can "travel" around without getting stuck. Very reminiscent of the dial-up days when I first started using FM. We can do better.

NAPAFISH

There always seems to be twice as many anonymous, sometimes three times as many.

Shack

I think Hanson hit the nail on the head in another thread. Peak times!

Between 8:30-9:45 am this morning, I was sailing free and clear. Now between 12:00 and 12:45 p.m. (lunch rush), is slowed way down again.

I just wait and came back later if need be. I think FM is worth waiting for.

On another note, I could see where this would be hard for members that like to peak on threads a lunch time. You only get about have time to read and respond, verses a normal day.

The powers to be will work it out. I would just be patient. I gets me to do some work for once at work. grin.gif

Shack

I think Hanson hit the nail on the head in another thread. Peak times!

Between 8:30-9:45 am this morning, I was sailing free and clear. Now between 12:00 and 12:45 p.m. (lunch rush), is slowed way down again.

I just wait and came back later if need be. I think FM is worth waiting for.

On another note, I could see where this would be hard for members that like to peak on threads a lunch time. You only get about have time to read and respond, verses a normal day.

The powers to be will work it out. I would just be patient. It gets me to do some work for once at work. grin.gif