• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

MINNETONKA??

Wondering about some good spots for, Walleyes, crappies/sunnies, and Northern. If anyone can help out a Tonka Rookie please post..Thanks

Best advice would be to go back through the posts on tonka from late October and November. If you do that, you will get some ideas about where guys were fishing before freeze up. The fish should still be in those areas for awhile.

Good Luck out there.

heading out to the far west side friday there is a good drag out spot about 75yds from shore always had luck there not sure about thickness yet but will let ya know and give ya a report. If you got time come out with us should be early afternoon.

Good idea TDOT! I am going fishing on Saturday with TDOT. I have not been on Tonka yet, so any ice info would be great. I was hoping to fish in the Spring Park Bay area between Pelican Point and Goose Island. I had some luck there last season with pannies and crappies and a couple of northerns. If anyone has info on ice in this area....GREATLY APRECIATED! We also would not mind any company if anyone wants to attack that area with us!!!

I was wondering if those channel areas on Tonka and the ones with bridges have weaker ice or if they are as good of ice as the rest of the lake.

I never went out thru a channel area on Tonka and If i was to go out, i would head out of grays bay access and go under the bridge.

I would assume that there isn't much if any water movement so the ice should be almost as good as the regular lake, but i just wanted to check what others have found that have traveled this route.

Thanks in advance.

I'm looking to go out on Tonka on Saturday, preferrably on the East end of the lake. Anyone know what the ice is like on Wayzata?

There was 4-5" on Wayzata bay last saturday. The part that flanks hwy 101. I would stay clear of any ice around the bridge though.

Quote:

anyone checked out the ice around Gideons bay or Excelsior Bay yet?

I'll be out there tommorow and will report back...

Been out on the west end and found 5 to 7" of ice in several places. Crappies weren't exactly on fire so I ended up moving around a lot. Seeing ATVs and sleds running around.

I would recommend heavily against trying to pass under the Grays Bay bridge. that's a very active channel, the last bay in the lake. There are a couple of good breaks in that area but there are plenty of good structures in WB. If you have to go in that area you can park on the west side of the bridge and cross the road or pass under the bridge on dry land, and I'd head west along the causeway shoreline for a bit before moving out on the ice. There are several easy access points in Wayzata Bay including the yacht club access and in Wayzata town proper. Fish have been biting well in the entire bay. Take no chances.

ice

Quote:

Been out on the west end and found 5 to 7" of ice in several places.

I also have found up to 7" but also have found as little as 1 1/2". Be careful if you are venturing out for the first time, especially on or near the hard packed snow drifts. Channel areas are usually pretty sketchy also, I steer clear of them.I see a couple of knuckle heads even have their permanants out, I think we need a little more ice yet.