• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Rebecca

Fishing_High

I'm real new to Ice fishing havn't gotten a chance to do it to much and wanted to get out this weekend. I was wondering I lake Rebecca in Hastings is a good lake to try? Anyone know ice conditions, or if this is even a good lake to try if all I'm looking for is a little action and I noticed there are a lot of different species to catch in theres as well. Any help is appreciated.

I live in hastings and have tried Rebecca shore fishing and late ice fishing last year a couple of times. Haven't caught one fish. Couple guys last year said crappies were good early in the year, but I don't think I would try to venture out there yet...ice may be sketchy in that area. There were quite a few houses down there last year though....

Thanks yea I thought the ice might be sketchy yet. The book of lake maps made it look like it could be a nice lake to try for ice. Does anyone else have any info on this lake?

I have been out on Lake Rebecca many times this year. Caught bluegills, crappies, and perch, mostly small. Have also seen smallmouth bass on the camera. The place where I fished had 6-8" of ice but there is still open some open water by the shores, I assume from springs, so be careful. There are some permanent shacks out there so if you don't venture to far away from that location you should be safe.

Dale

Anyone have any recent info on this lake? is it safe, and how has the bite been? Thanks.

i have fished out on this location a couple of times. in my opinion the depth of the ice fluctuates from day to day, even when weather stays the same. my brother and i went out there last year for a couple of hours and the next day went to the same spot and it was down to 2" of ice. I dont know if there is a strong current that goes through there, but be safe. we did have some luck with crappies along the extreme northern shore, that was also where the ice changed day to day.

i don't ice fish but i've heard, from some old buddies trying to get me out, that this lake is the best kept ice season secret in the entire metro. makes sense as presure during summer is sparse with the electric only rule for boats. life jackets are cheap this time of year. invest in a winter life vest? why not? and some strong ice picks on lanyards to pull yourself out aint a bad idea.

Quote:

yea it looks like a little gem from that book of metro lake maps.

If you guys still think it's a gem your a little bit too late. There may be days when the lake may produce a few nice fish but it's hardly a gem anymore. Hasnt been for years...

You can catch a mix bag of fish but fishing can be quite slow at times.

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Hastings about 3 blocks from Rebecca and I drive to WI to fish! It can be good right after they stock it with big gils but they seem to get fished out right away. I will try and swing by tomorrow and check out the ice for you on my way to another lake across the river laugh.giflaugh.gif.

What "lake across the river" do you fish? I live in Hastings and have been trying to find a lake that is not too far away to have the kids catch some fish on.

Quote:

I live in Hastings about 3 blocks from Rebecca and I drive to WI to fish! It can be good right after they stock it with big gils but they seem to get fished out right away. I will try and swing by tomorrow and check out the ice for you on my way to another lake across the river
laugh.giflaugh.gif

Tab-

Sorry - I should say across the river and then drive for 45 minutes. There aren't any options right across the river except for stream trout fishing.

Quote:

Quote:

yea it looks like a little gem from that book of metro lake maps.

If you guys still think it's a gem your a little bit too late. There may be days when the lake may produce a few nice fish but it's hardly a gem anymore. Hasnt been for years...

You can catch a mix bag of fish but fishing can be quite slow at times.

Hmm, I had different results. Understand the lake and it's a gem.