• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I will be going out to Peltier tomorrow around 3 o clock after im done with scool with my buddy. Any other FMers heading out there? I would like to meet a few of you guys. I will be going t othe spot off of old mill road on the east side. Let me know if you will be out there or if you just have a report about the lake this year.

Later,

Ryan

Hey there Ryan. I did well last winter, going there sooner rather than later. Wondering how the ice is there (out from the east shore). If I know I can walk out 50 yds, I am there. Should be a good 4, but never know. Be careful and let us know the ice. Good luck.

I want to try this lake in the winter real bad! apparently main street is closed...when will it open? I hear people are still accessing it at the pier area, is the road open up to there?

i was out there sunday and did pretty good. brought home a meal of sunnies and small crappies... There are about 15 houses over near the south end by the point although i have heard the ice can be very dangerous on that point. Then there is another group out from the east side off of old mill road. I fished there last time in about 14 FOW. I am going out in about a half an hour if anyone wants to meet up i will be on the side where old mill road is(East Side) with a pak shack and a mora hand auger. Say hi if you see me!

Later,

Ryan

A mile from the landing to Central 65 on Main st. is closed for construction. Not sure when it will be open. You can access the lake from Centerville rd. or FrenchMan Rd. There is parking on where the dock is in the summer. Weekends tend to be a bit crowded.

Ice conditions are perfect for walking. I would just be careful if you were to walk out close to the middle of the lake. There was about 4-5 inches of ice where I was on Saturday.

Fishing was "ok" for the most part. Considering that my vex bat died on me the first 5 mins I used it, but I came home with a good dinner. Crappies were picky on presentation. Toke me an hour to get something consistant. The lake doesn't have much structure I didn't bother to be on the move. Make sure to bring a couple of your favorite lures. There sure was alot of pesky hammer handles.

Let me know how it goes.

-Timmy

yea we found 5 inches out from the east side on sunday and had good luck with ratso's and nuclear ants both by custom jigs and spins in white.

Later,

Ryan

PS i will post a report when i get back tonight.

From what I remember from years past on this lake is that the ice around the point is somewhat inconsistant. The water flows out of the lake and over the dam, there isn't much flow near the point but there is enough to make it a bit scary. A few years back, a buddy and I went out on first ice out there, finding 5" right by the pier, walked out and were setting up in 12 fow between the point and the pier and drilled to find 2" and cracking at our feet as soon as the auger punched through. We got out of there as quickly as we could.

With the snow cover we have on the lakes right now, be careful out there. Check as you go, we were lucky when we found the thin stuff, but the next guy might not be.

On the plus side, we usually found some pretty consistant action out there. I have pulled out eyes, pike, crappies, and gills out of the lake.

Had a great night on the lake tonight! Got out there at about 330 and stayed till about 630. must have caught 35 crappies without exaggeration as well as a few nice gills. Started on the east side using my favorite lure, the white ratso and right away i started banging fish nonstop. Mostly crappies mixed with a few gills and a small perch. Many of the gills were in the 7.5-8.5 inch range. I ended up keeping 8 crappies for a meal biggest being 10 inches smallest around 8.5". Fishing has been very consistent out there as i did about the same thing sunday night just with a little better size tonight. Snaped a few pictures for ya here they are!

Pictures002.jpg

First crappie of the night a 8 1/2 incher Pictures006.jpg

Number 2 another around 9 inches Pictures005.jpg

The Pak Shack with the Buddy heater and an awesome sunset in the background. Pictures008.jpg

8 inch gill with more on the Marcum! better get my line back down... Pictures004.jpg

Some nice crappies, the one in the upper left is 10 inches Pictures003.jpg

One more 10 inch crappie with a sweet sunset in the background to cap off another great night on the ice! Sorry for the bad pictures i was out there alone...

Later,

Ryan

how much ice did you find out there? Did you go out from the pier? I have been wanting to hit Peltier but have not been able to yet.

30 plus? Dude, try about three times that! Thirty plus was what the lake was like in the late eighties! Okay, well thirteen, but thirty? Nope, any given weekend there is 2-3 times that even with iffy ice.

Tunrevir!

hey crappieman

i see you have a pakshack

do you like it ? because i am thinking about getting one

the nnumber of people on lake r get biggern bigger everytime i drove by on way to school..... so i assume it will be zoo this wknd mayb 100-125 people?

Evenrude,

I do really like the pak shack as of now... i can fit my big buddy heater marcum and myself all in there reasonably well. I was just out on the lake again today. I fished out of my buddies pak shack three though. The three man pak shack is very nice for two people but i think with three it would be way to crowded. The fishing was a little slower this evening. Got on the lake again at 330 and got off around 630. I went home with just 3 crappies tonight though. we must have caught 20 fish total but only three were worth keeping. I also met a man from Fishing Minnesota out there! I didnt get your name whoever you are??? How did you do?

Heres a few pictures. Pictures012.jpg

Biggest crappie of the night... 11"s

Pictures013.jpg

Me and my friend with some crappies

Pictures014.jpg

2 9"ers 1 11"er

A bit of a slow night tonight but still fun none the less!

Later,

Ryan

Quote:

the nnumber of people on lake r get biggern bigger everytime i drove by on way to school..... so i assume it will be zoo this wknd mayb 100-125 people?

Last saturday there was about 15 or so by 12 when I left. No one really likes to get up 6. I suppose after this thread there will be an ant field this Saturday.

I hope the crappie population maintains for the next few years. I've seen so many people go home with bucket and come back the next day for some more. Even in the summer when I take my boat out. I see at least a hundred people on the shore casting out their flu flu jigs with a red crappie bobber. I've talked to some of them and they go out their daily.

Hey there Crappieman, was there Wednesday night, same story. Kept 5 = 9-10 inchers. Caught 17. Strange though, minnows (really small) out produced my waxies. Not often that happens. I can usually trigger the most finiky to bite, but the minnows worked. Any walleye action on this lake? I did loose one in my hole, about a 12 inch. Oh well, he was going back anyways. I may wiat until a weekday for my return to Pelt.

yea it seemed like there were now mostly spots of frozen slush so now there is probably 8inches of ice 2 beein frozen slush though. The crappies were pretty finicky wednesday night and the majority were not in the "large" range. I as well wont be going out until a weekday because im going to my cabin and the weekends will be VERY crowded out there. I may be out early next week Monday Tuesday? depends on the conditions. If its as windy as it is today i wont be out for a while grin.gif

Later,

Ryan

no problem evinrude, good luck out there. I wish i could join you but im going up to my cabin instead see if i can get some bigger crappies. Maybe we can meet up some other time!

Later,

Ryan

hey crappie man shouldnt you be wearing a fm hat and not a (Contact Us Please) hat. what are you jumpin boats. lol JK went to peltier last night. same story finky fish couhgt a few crappies.

I am headed out tomorrow. Good Luck to all others going out... I will be out in a Pak-Shak 3, stop by and say hi if you see me around noon on the East side.

was out yesterday eevning for few hours.. caught bunch of gills some nice sizes and crappies bite turn on just right 40 mins before sunset some nice sizes biggest being close to 12 inches and few in 9-11 inches ranges.. was using plastics.