• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Vikes-Bears Thread

Down to Earth

Banderso,

Ain't you up on yo "his-to-ree" ? The Bears already lost to the Queens this year. Won't it be em-bear-assing if they manage to lose to a pitiful team like the Bears with their 3rd string QB in the game?

Questions still stand and I am waiting to hear the answers, when was the last time the Queens even went to the big dance and when was the last time they brought home the hardware? Think about it and get back to me.

Windy

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Windy City Walleye Hunter

• Down to Earth

• Scott K

• BANDERSO

Quote:

DTE,

I ain't gonna wait for no Vegas spread. Surely you have enough confidence in Brett and the boys to spot me 3 ???

Touchdowns, that is!!! LOL

Come on DTE, man up and pull the trigger. What's the worst that can happen, you have to look at the lovely Monsters of the Midway logo for a week.

Windy

Your telling me your so impatient you can't wait six days for Vegas? Then your telling me to man up while your hiding behind an inflated 21 point spread? confused.gif Vegas is only giving the Pats 24.5 this week in Spygate Bowl and I'm suppose to give you 21 in a NFC North battle? So just to show you who the real man is in this wager I'll take your -21, but if it ends up being a push you have to change the avatar.

DTE

DEAL!

What's the worst that can happen for me, I have to fly the Cheesehead for a week which will further PI$$ Off the Queens fans! LOL

I was just jacking with ya DTE, you and me have always been cool. Just goofing off, but why not, let's make the bet!

Windy

Quote:

Sled,

It is simple man, we lives in The Windy, where the money is and we vacations in Minnesota where the fishes is. I am laughing all the way to the bank.

Windy

Dammm, youre lucky. I wish I could sit around with bigtime Chicago money thinking about my 2 vacations to God's country all year long. Rather than being out 100 days on the water a year (baiting my OWN hooks) with my poverty minnesota income.

You are truely blessed, dont ever take it for granted.

Windy,

Team history

Minnesota Vikings (1961–present)

Championships

League Championships (1)

NFL Championships (1)

Conference Championships (4)

NFL Western: 1969

NFC: 1973, 1974, 1976

Division Championships (16)

NFL Central: 1968, 1969

NFC Central: 1970, 1971, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1980, 1989, 1992, 1994, 1998, 2000

Theres your Vikings history lesson.

What is the point of your question. Do we have a Super Bowl ring? Your answer is no. duh!

Here's your bears info too, because your probably to busy making money in illinois to have time to look it up!

Chicago Bears (1922–present)

Championships

League Championships (9)

NFL Championships (8)

1921, 1932, 1933, 1940, 1941, 1943, 1946, 1963

Super Bowl Championships (1)

1985 (XX)

Conference Championships (4)

NFL Western: 1956, 1963

NFC: 1985, 2006

Division Championships (17)

NFL West: 1933, 1934, 1937, 1940, 1941, 1942, 1943, 1946

NFC Central: 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1990, 2001

NFC North: 2005, 2006

Again what's your point to the question?

The Bears franchise has had almost forty more years to build on those stats!!! Most of those stats the bears tabulated are pre Vikings era, with exception to the 80's Bears team (which happened to be my second favorite team at that time- regardless). To me should be a bigger gap in the numbers.

Another stat I came across that you might be interested in

Chicago Bears- Minnesota Vikings Rivalry

Overall Series: Minnesota: 48-42-2

As a Packer fan who's witnessed countless debates between Packer and Viking fans along these same lines I am reading this with a smile on my face. smile.gif

Packer fans are notorious for playing the Super Bowl trump card. It's nice to see a fan from another team play it for once. laugh.gif

Banderso,

Thanks for taking the time to make my point, I was too busy sitting here in the Windy counting my money. The Bears are way ahead of the Queens in just about everything when it comes to playoff football and the fact remains that the Queens have never sealed the deal when it comes to the Super Bowl. Nice try with the "we weren't around as long" excuse but it does not fly when the Twinkie fans try to use it against my beloved Pale Hose and it does not fly here. Bears have one Super Bowl ring and the Queens have none, The Pale Hose have 3 Championship Rings and the Twinks have 2. Now there is your history lesson. That will be $78.63 which is my hourly rate for the time it took me to type this "re"ply. LOL Because we are all about the benjamins here in the Windy.

Windy

DTE,

Don't let Banderso read this reply, but I am laughing too. He just does not get it. We are all good man, let's have some fun with our Cheddar/Monster avatar bet and you still might cover because we really $uck this year. God, I hope Banderso does not read that last line!!! LOL

Windy

Quote:

Banderso,

Now there is your history lesson. That will be $78.63 which is my hourly rate for the time it took me to type this "re"ply. LOL Because we are all about the benjamins here in the Windy.

Windy

Windy,

You either type really slow or charge an obscene amount for your commentary. laugh.gif

Oh I get it windy. Your all about the jewelery. You like to wear rings I guess blush.gif What ever floats your boat. And by the way, my state is bigger is than your state grin.gif There, now you owe me .02 cents (minnesota minimum wage). That's all we minnesotans charge for are opinions on this site. grin.gif

You guys sure are doing a lot of yapping in here.

Down to the real issue...Vikings 31 Bears 6 (unless Hester their only real offensive player takes a kick/punt back then 13).

DTE,

I type about 45 wpm! Why do you think I live in The Windy City. $$$$$$$$$$

LOL

Windy

All right all you Queen fans out there (and I'm not talking Freddie Mercury) the official line has been set by Lawdog at Queens minus 25, he must know because he is the Law. Anybody want to take up the avatar bet? I will take the pitiful Bears with our third string QB and 25 points for a one week avatar posting of the winning fans choice. I can only do one week because I will most likely be paying off DTE the following week with a Cheesehead logo after the Packers destroy my poor beloved Monsters of the Midway by 21 points! LOL

Windy

25!? I would have to take the Bears on that one too. I think the actual line is around 10.5 which I believe is still too much....The Vikes should cover that, but they are, after all, the Vikes.

Nice try though!

Quote:

I agree. I haven't felt this good with the Vikings in a really long time. With an improved offense and a much better defense, I am thinking SuperBowl baby!

Anyone with me?

I don't know about the Superbowl part... It is true that Vikings has indeed been winning. However, they have not played any worthy opponents yet in their little win streak.

I just dont think Vikings can get pass Packers, Cowboys, or Seahawks.... Their offense is just not good enough and too one dimensional....

My superbowl pick......... Patriots vs Cowboys... Patriots win by 17.

Why are we arguing about the Vikings and Bears?... Both teams have no chance of making the superbowl this season... They are both terrible teams this season. They are not as bad as the Dolphins, obviously, but they arent worth talking about either.

Quote:

Why are we arguing about the Vikings and Bears?... Both teams have no chance of making the superbowl this season... They are both terrible teams this season. They are not as bad as the Dolphins, obviously, but they arent worth talking about either.

Ummmm....because the are playing this week. I guess because I am a Vikings fan and a football fan regardless of who the Super Bowl favorite is. Should fans only talk about the Patriots? They are really the only team with a chance to win the Super Bowl. Should they even play the rest of the season?

What are you here to talk about?

Quote:

AHHHH.... because of the fact we are also division rivals out of the greatest division in sports period!!! The black and blue baby. There is nothing wrong with a little harmless jawing against a rival is there? When it comes down to it, if you don't have something your passionate about and enjoy talking about with your peers you might as well quit living and move to wisconsin or even worse, illinois!!! Just kidding DTE and Windy wink.gif your both okay in my book and I've enjoyed our little razzing session, no harm or ill intentions were ever ment and I respect all you all's opinions and enjoy this sites color commentary very much. Peace...

Later,

Barrett

Banderso,

WE AGREE! Finally, I feel a Rodney King moment coming on.....CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG! LOL

I have said this many times on the FM threads before, we are all just big kids talking smack. We know the Queens and Bears blow this year, Bears more so than the Queens, but like Banderso said, we are playing each other, and it is the greatest division in football, steeped in rivalries and history, so why not. We can all take it as well as we can dish it or we would not be posting, we would be stalkers instead of posters. It's all good with me, gets me thru the day!

Windy

Windy, did you find anyone to take you avatar bet for the Vikings yet by 25? LOL! I would say that is a stupid bet, if anyone has. I would give you the Vegas line, but not a point over. This is a division game, anything can happen, oh and this is the Vikings we are talking about, so again anything can happen grin.gif.

Wandering,

No takers yet, not even LawDog who posted the prediction (31-6), but I did get DTE to give me Bears plus 20.5 vs the Pack for a week of avatar posting. Pretty good, eh?

LOL

Windy

That was a good one! I am sure if you hold out you will get some Vike fan hyped enough to take your bet, but time is running out. I wish your Bears team the best of luck, and I hope they score very often. I would love to see the Bears win!! Against the packers that is! grin.gif

Wandering,

I guess there will be no takers so I will withdraw the avatar bet. Interesting side note though, in the last three Bears/Queens games the Queens have won all three with the average margin of victory of 25.3 ! I guess Lawdog knew his stuff when he said 31-6. Coulda, Shoulda and Woulda have left the building. No avatar for you.....One Week!

Windy

Windy,

Surprised you don't want to bet big dollars, since I see you are rolling in the dough, or so it appeared on another thread LOL!! I have a bunch of old college buddies from Chi-town 'burbs (Wheaton, Joliet, Aurora) and we would always have a good time when da bears played da vikes. I've been to "old" Soldier field for a vikes-bears game about 7 years ago and it was a blast. I would love to get down there again.

BTW, did you ever try that buffalo wing recipe???

Coach Dog,

We are just having some fun on the thread, no dinero changes hands here, just avatar bets. I will be heading to Vegas in a month and that's where the dollars are down!

I did try those wings and the sauce was excellent, I left the crock pot on high during the game and kind of burned them as the night went on so there were no left overs but I would use it again.

So, as Tony Soprano said, how many boxes of Ziti do you want to put down on the Vikings minus 25??? LOL

Windy

My prediction is Vikings by 17. They have a couple teams on their heals now, so we will see if they can win the games they need to, instead of just some games that didnt matter much!

With the Redskins winning last night, this game against the Bears is going to be a big game, we dont want to play Washington with a tie! Go Vikes!! cool.gif

Well, they better get their "stuff" together pretty quick because it's not looking real good at 10 min in.

Lotta game left, but...

Quote:

The Bears are real bad. Putred Bad.

Yeah, maybe. But it's looking like the Vikes we previously knew are playing tonight.