• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

South Side Updates

Anyone have an ice or fishing report from the south end of Winnie? Looking to get out of Denny's or Nodak in the near future.

I would appreciate also if anyone has an update for the s-southwest end, ill be comin new years weekend ,hopefully the sled too? I think ill try Dennys site if he has one,thanx good fishin!

Nodak's website said they have 10in snow, 9in ice. and they have been out about 2 miles from the resort. I will be at nodak for new years weekend with my parents.

So what has the best walleye bite been with.... what kinda minnows, lures...etc... stoppin by wednesday on the way home and won't really have time to try all kinds of stuff for only a few hours fishing... I can find the location myself but any presentation tips would be great... thanks!

I was out on the lake on the south west side last Saturday evening and picked up a few walleye's on the standard jigging spoon and minnow head right near dusk.

I found about 10" - 12" of good clear ice under about 6" -10" of snow. There was a few spots of very minimal slush but no problem getting around with a wheeler. There are some fairly hard small drifts to be aware of though.

It's a great time to be out on the ice with little fishing pressure or traffic!

Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...

Went out of Denny's resort on Wednesday. Fished all afternoon and caught a half dozen eyes. Looks like Nodak has a road plowed out a ways, and there were some vehicle traffic. There were some slushy conditions were we were, but not real bad. Ice measured up to be 14 inches where we were, but I will leave the vehicle driving to the fearless drivers.

Chuckster-

A 1/2 dozen eyes is only 3 real fish after a case of Natty!! When we going to plan a weekend to go up to Red? I might be able to get a Ice Castle house for a weekend from an account of mine but want to wait till the Craps are biting.

I haven't been down there, but Rick from Highbanks told me they had a road out quite a ways now to one of the bars.

I guess a quick phone call would be the best way to get it right from the horses mouth.