• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

26th Annual Centerville Lions Ice Fishing Contest is Feb. 9th, 2008

The Centerville and Lino Lakes Lions will host their 26th annual Ice Fishing Contest on Feb. 9th, 2008, on Centerville Lake in Centerville, MN.

Contest starts at 11 am sharp!

(final weigh-in 2 pm)

Prizes for Largest Fish include:

Gas Auger, Portables and more!!

“Door Prizes throughout the event.”

A separate same day raffle will also be held.

Booya, Hot Food and Drink, Bring the Kids !!

Tickets are $5.00 a hole, available on the lake.

“Look for Parking Signs at the Lake”

Special assistance available for those in need.

We went and brought all 5 grandkids last year, and it was great! You guys put on a great event, and the kids loved it. The kid pack of gear you gave away to each kids was a perfect touch, they all felt lucky and like they won something smile.gif

We will be back there this year too! It was really fun and well organized event. Thanks for having it!

Box,

Thanks for the nice review on last year's contest. I should note that we will be moving back to Centerville Lake this year which has much better parking and lake access. We were forced to Peltier last year by the DNR because of ice thickness on Centerville. Hope to see you there!

Lion Nordern

I attended my first CLIFC last year and it was a blast! Both my kids took home prizes and they cant wait for this year!

Quote:

Box,

Thanks for the nice review on last year's contest. I should note that we will be moving back to Centerville Lake this year which has much better parking and lake access. We were forced to Peltier last year by the DNR because of ice thickness on Centerville. Hope to see you there!

Lion Nordern

Dang!!! I had a spot already GPS'd for the event on Peltier.

grin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here are the rules:

OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES 2008

1. The Tournament is scheduled for February 9th, 2008 from 11:00 a.m until 2:00 p.m. on Centerville Lake, Centerville, MN. Contestants are discouraged inside contest area prior to 9:00 a.m.

2. The top place prizes are determined by largest weight and time registered. In the event of a tie, the first fish registered takes priority. Any size fish may place.

3. Each person will be allowed to fish one hole per ticket (2 holes max. per MN DNR). You may register as many fish as you want, but only the heaviest fish per contestant will qualify for a competition prize. No contestant will be eligible for more than one competition prize. There is no age requirement on tournament participation.

4. All fish entered must be brought to the judges stand immediately and be alive. Dead or frozen fish are ineligible. Judges shall have the right to verify that fish were legally caught. The decision of the judges is final. In the event deception is detected, his/her prize will go to back into the prize kitty. Contestants are responsible for verification of weight of fish at time of weigh in.

5. All fish must be caught and the contestants in route to the judges stand by 2:00 p.m. on the day of the contest.

6. Contestants must fish in the area designated for the contest and will be required to have their ticket at all times. Ticket checks as well as container inspections may be performed by contest judges.

7. Contestants will be allowed to move to other unoccupied holes in the contest area. You are allowed to bring as many poles as desired, but cannot use more than one pole per hole at a time. Contestants may use holes provided or drill their own and will not be allowed to leave the contest area between 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.

8. The Contest Ticket is also good for random Door Prize drawings. In addition, a separate same day Raffle will be held.

9. Entry fee for the tournament is $5.00 per ticket/hole. Tickets available on the lake at 10:00 a.m.

10. Contestants are responsible for their own safety, actions and property at all times. Contestants and holes must be in plain view from all sides at all times. NO SHELTERS WILL BE ALLOWED INSIDE CONTEST AREA. Shelters placed outside the contest area, for keeping the kids warm, are allowed but no holes may be drilled in them. Existing shelters in the contest area may not be used by contestants. Any contestant found in these shelters will be disqualified.

11. All laws of the State of Minnesota will be abided by.

12. No motorized vehicles are allowed in the contest area other than contest officials and police personnel.

13. Coolers and large containers are discouraged. No spears allowed. Heaters, chairs, bait pails, depth finders (Vexilars, etc.) are allowed. No licenses sold on the lake. Ice chisels are recommended as holes are drilled early in the morning. Weighted lines without hooks or bait can be used to check depth prior to 10:45 a.m. No lines are allowed in the water from 10:45 a.m. to the start of the contest.

14. Failure to comply with any contest rules subjects contestants to disqualification and removal from competition site, as determined by contest officials. Right to refuse to sell and/or revoke a competition ticket to anyone is hereby reserved.

15. There will be a Leader Board located in the registration area. All efforts will be made to keep the board up to date and accurate. Tournament results remain unofficial until verified by the head judge.

16. All contestants and others hereby consent to the use of any names, photographs or likenesses of themselves to be used in the promotion of our contest, including but not limited to print, radio, television or any other media.

17. The Centerville and Lino Lakes Lions thank you for supporting our efforts to protect the environment and request that you remove refuse, including cigarette butts, from the ice when you leave. Glass containers are not allowed in contest area and will be confiscated by, and forfeited to, tournament officials. Waste and Recycle containers are provided. The lake looked great after the 2007 contest, thanks again to all those who participated.

The event committee will meet tonight and I should have a prize list to post shortly. Parking will be at Waterworks Bar on Main Street in Centerville. Signs will be posted.

Here is the prize list for the Top 10 biggest fish:

1st. Frabill Ice Cruiser 200, Underwater Fish TV and a Ice Fishing Bucket

Donated by Sportsmans Warehouse

2nd. StrikeMaster Ice Auger, Underwater Fish TV and a Ice Fishing Bucket

Donated by Schwing America Inc.

3rd. Eskimo Barracuda Auger, Underwater Fish TV

and a Ice Fishing Bucket

Donated by Sportsmans Warehouse

4th. Four Nights Stay in CANCUN, Mr. Heater

and a Ice Fishing Bucket

Donated by All City Ins. Agency and Center Mart

5th. CS - 305 Echo Chain Saw, Mr. Heater

and a Ice Fishing Bucket

Donated by LTG Power Equipment

6th. Serengeti Fishing Sunglasses, Coleman Heater

and a Ice Fishing Bucket

Donated by Bushnell Optics

7th. A Night Stay at Country Inn, Coleman Heater

and a Ice Fishing Bucket

Donated by Country Inn & Suites Lino Lakes

8th. $ 120.00 Wheel Alignment, Coleman Lantern

and a Ice Fishing Bucket

Donated by Center Frame & Wheel Alignment

9th. Underwater Fish TV, Coleman Heater

and a Ice Fishing Bucket

Donated by Rivard Electronic Co.

10th. Keg-A-Que Propane Grill, Coleman Heater

and a Ice Fishing Bucket

Donated by University Promotions

Here is the prize list for the order of fish caught (minus the top 10):

1st. Underwater TV and a Ice Fishing Bucket

Donated by ADL Inc.

5th. Marine Cooler and a Ice Fishing Bucket

Donated by University Displays

10th. $ 50.00 Gift Certificate and a Ice Fishing Bucket

Donated by T G K Automotive

15th. Therapeutic Massage and a Ice Fishing Bucket

Donated by A Sense of Life

20th. Lure Lightning and a Ice Fishing Bucket

Donated by Nightshift Enterprises

25th. Underwater TV and a Ice Fishing Bucket

Donated by Hanzal Construction Inc.

30th. $ 50.00 Gift Card and a Ice Fishing Bucket

Donated by Northern Forest Products

35th. Weber Grill and a Ice Fishing Bucket

Donated by University Displays

40th. Lure Lightning and a Ice Fishing Bucket

45th. Carbon Monoxide Alarm and a Ice Fishing Bucket

Donated by Comfort Plus Heating

50th. $ 50.00 Gift Card and a Ice Fishing Bucket

Donated by Northern Forest Products

55th. Therapeutic Massage and a Ice Fishing Bucket

Donated by A Sense of Life

60th. Lure Lightning and a Ice Fishing Bucket

65th. $ 50.00 Gift Certificate and a Ice Fishing Bucket

Donated by T G K Automotive

70th. Carbon Monoxide Alarm and a Ice Fishing Bucket

Donated by Comfort Plus Heating

How does the start work? Is it a shotgun start or do we wander around, pick a hold and sit there until 11?

I see that the Fishapalooza just discontinued the shotgun start due to insurance reasons.

Sorry about all the questions, but a group of us are coming and they keep asking me questions like I've done this before! ;\)

Hey Nordern,

Any chance that rules would allow ice shacks to be used? If not, I think many people might not bring the kids out. I hate to say, but if -20ish wind chills, I prolly won't bring the Grandkids... just too cold on their little bodies. Stinking weather...

Thanks for info.

The reason for no shacks was the case a "a few bad apples" in the past. But the Lions Club will trust our contestants to keep it honest so due to weather and the safety of kids we will not say no to portables this year. Hope to see you there!

Centerville Lions Club

good showing out there on saturday.. was very pleased to see all the people come out and actually use all the holes i drilled! did the 4.5 lb northern end up takin 1st??

I would like to thank all the hearty contestants that made it out last Saturday. The wind started whipping up and the snow was blowing but people stuck it out. We had a great crowd and sold over 1200 holes.

Thanks again,

Centerville Lions Org.

I believe the 4.%# did take it...........

sold 1200 holes huh? I thought there had to be atleast a 1000.. man, i had to of drilled 200 of those holes!! glad they got put to use \:\)

it looked like swiss cheese out there yesterday in what I assume was the contest area!

Is there a list of contest winners somewhere?