• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Little Rock Lake

Good morning all, any opinions of how long it will take for this lake to come back???? The channel does link it to the river but I dont know if this will help.... cool.gif

What do you mean "come back". The algae bloom didn't kill many fish and the water is cleared up now.

any current ice reports for the Rock? it's a bit of a drive so if I'm going there i'd like to make sure there will be enough to be worth while.

They have been on the lake for 10 days, about 8 to 10 inches of snow with some slush here and there. Yesterday there were trucks parked on the shoreline with one truck and two houses over 10 FOW. With all the fall rain the lake has flushed out and cleaned up. Can't beleive more people are not on the lake. With a weather change on the way, the next week should be good !!!!!!!!

Are those guys fishings walleyes out there? Any reports on when the best bite is happening morning or evening? One last thing is the perch population decent enough to fish for? I have fished that lake the last couple of winters and it seems that the size of the fish is on the smaller side.

The perch aren't big enough to fish for. There aren't like what you are after on Mille Lacs or Winne. As for what people are fishing for I imagine that they are catching both eyes and crappies.

the perch fishing was good a couple years ago, I caught 12 to 13 inch perch there but since people didnt practice catch and release fishing, it took a toll on the big perch population...too bad because it was fun, sucks that people dont realize this!

OK, here's the scoop. The EYES have it!!!!!!!!!!! Most of the guys are fishing the east corner, don't know what there doing. Today 8 inches of ice in 14 FOW, fat heads, white glow with red stripe 2ft OTB, 2:30 to 4pm. After that they'd just sniff around. 16 3/4, 17 1/2, 22 any they look good and healthy. Got to work the next 3 days then i'll know more.

The rough fish will never be killed off by algae, those things could survive a nuclear fallout I think. But, if by some grace of god they were killed off, they would just swim right up from the Mississippi Riv and it would be chock full of carp within days prolly.

Quote:

OK, here's the scoop. The EYES have it!!!!!!!!!!! Most of the guys are fishing the east corner, don't know what there doing. Today 8 inches of ice in 14 FOW, fat heads, white glow with red stripe 2ft OTB, 2:30 to 4pm. After that they'd just sniff around. 16 3/4, 17 1/2, 22 any they look good and healthy. Got to work the next 3 days then i'll know more.

no coordinates???

I Got A Garmin!

Yep, east side seems to be the best. I'd try heading south but don't get into that bay off Sucker Creek Rd, thats to far. See if thats works. Can't figure out why nobody is on that side, oh well.

Quote:

Yep, east side seems to be the best. I'd try heading south but don't get into that bay off Sucker Creek Rd, thats to far. See if thats works. Can't figure out why nobody is on that side, oh well.

They aren't as good of fisherman as some people I guess....

I forgot to add this, there's a trench that runs the east and funnels down to 14 feet. A H20 will put you right on it. Other wise look for a blue 600 Edge X with a Otter Magnum close behind.

• 2 weeks later...

I was out today on the rock for the first time this year. Got set up and got a few small crappies right away, a healthy looking 18" walleye in the middle of the afternoon which was suprising, got four pike between 20-24" throughout the day as well. I rarely eat fish so I'm not going to bring any home from the rock this year, but I didn't get any perch which is the reason I went just to get some action. After the outbreak this summer I wasn't sure what how it would be, but it wasn't bad as I thought it would be. I saw two smaller trucks out on the ice near my area, but I stress not to play the "I see a vehicle out there so it's safe" game out there, I drilled holes where there was snow that had only 8" of ice and in other spots it was over 12". Ice might be thick where you're fishing and at the access, but it varies in between so check it yourself. Didn't run into any slush on my walking route though.

Right-on, i live on the lake and i won't drive out there. I've drilled holes from the south to the north and have not found more than 9 inches. Just afraid someone is going to be knocking on my door needing help and dry clothes. This lake has dropped cars with 18 inches. There are springs out there and shallow water. JUST BE CAREFULL

Great points, my house is on about 14 inches of ice and our friends next to us about 15 ft away is only on 9 inches of ice...

I was out there yesterday on the south end and could not believe the garbage on the lake, people really need to clean up after themselves, plus i saw a frozen 15inch walleye just laying on the ice by where a portable had been.

All iI have to say is why.

I agree, when we are out there and see trash we pick it up... How does one approach someone you see littering??? We are on the south end ... I am worried to say anything cause I dont want my house destroyed when I am not out there... Some people just dont care or have respect for anything ... A 15 inch walleye??? Thats pathetic...

It was sad when I was setting up the portable with my little brother and he says, who this lake is dirty. So we picked up around the area we were at. One full bag of trash. And i know who did some of it. they drove in front of our fishhouse the other day and parked 10-15 feet away and set up. But when we came back the next day there were popcans all over and propain cilynders and fishingline all left on the ice were they were sitting. We picked up alittle but there is still alot out there.

• 2 weeks later...