• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
TProGuy

Training Collars

TProGuy

Looking for some input on training collars for my GSP. I was out looking at collars this evening, and a couple caught my eye...I am hoping someone can get me some feedback on the ones I have in mind. I looked at the DT XTS 2000, and the Dogtra NPS 1500. Both were almost identical in price and had many of the same features. The DT had a longer range, but the Dogtra had a smaller transmitter that felt a bit sturdier...otherwise the features were almost identical. Anyone have experience with either of these or able to provide a reason why I should choose one over the other? Thanks!

Down2Earth

unless you have a separate beeper collar already I would be definiately be getting a beeper collar. Dogtra 2500 T&B. Before I had the beeper collar I lost my GSP for over 2 hours. He was on point in the cattails not even 20 yards from where I first lost him.

TProGuy

I already have a beeper collar...just looking to get the other one now that the dog is old enough to handle it.

Down2Earth

In that case I have had my Dogtra now for 3 years and it has been excellent. 4-5 Days of hunting all day long with the beeper running before I have to charge the collar. I only charge the transmitter once maybe twice during the hunting season. But I have never used the other collar you mentioned. I would go Dogtra.

Tripleplay

I have a Dogtra that I'm very pleased with for my lab right now. I also have an older Tri-tronics that I really liked but the size of the transmitter when compared to the Dogtra makes the choice pretty easy on which one I'd use for a long day of hunting. The Tri-tronics is now relegated to home use on a basset hound that enjoys feeding off of the counters when she doesn't have an e-collar on. I also don't have any experience with the DT collar so I can't help you out on that one.