• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

gervais

Does anyone know why the park is blocked off? I drove by there on my way home last night to check the ice thickness and see if anyone was out, but there were 2 giant concrete blocks blocking the entrance to the park. I know there have been people out on this lake early ice in years past and thought it might be a spot to try on my way home from work sometime.

Has anyone even seen anyone out there this year? Normally I try to get out on the north end near Kohlman but haven't had the chance yet.

Schrute,

I was on Gervais Sunday night, 4-5 inches. I've seen two houses on the NE by the inflow from Kohlman, and there were two houses on the east point too.

I drove by this morning on the way to work and saw all kinds of tracks on the north end. Maybe I'll have to get up early tomorrow for a little fishing before work. Did you have any luck?

Park is blocked off due to rennovating or something... There is a sign there that explains why they put some huge boulders to block off the parking lot.

Gervais is good for crappies early and late season... I havent been out there though.....

This is one of the best Largemouth bass lakes in the metro area in my opinion though.

Went out last night and found 5 - 11 inches of ice. Pulled in some nice Walleye in about 12 FOW. Good Luck to all!!

are the northerns biting on that break on the south west side by the beach? i might head over there this weekend

• 3 weeks later...

Antone having any luck lately? I went out last Friday from 3-5:30 with only a few bites, no takers.

Was out a week ago and had a nibble, saw a nice mark on the Vex and pulled in a 8 in eye. Fished from 4:30-6:00pm. They eye was pulled in on a waxie, my fishing partner got skunked, not even a nibble.

They blocked off the walk on path over on the NE corner half an hour after we got on. A good foot of ice though were we fished in 12 FOW.

• 1 month later...

where can you drive on at with the park closed...spoon lake ramp and thru channel? how's ice?

i got skunked on gervais last time but saw a few cars out there on way home and was thinking about giving it another try this weekend.

Lake Gervais is a excellent Largemouth Bass fishing lake in my opinion and past experiences. All summer, I have fished Lake Gervais at least once per week since I live so close to Gervais, Spoon, Kohlman, Keller, Round, and Phalen. Out of these 6 lakes - I would have to agree Lake Gervais really produces basses - but they are not 2 lbs plus. Oh well - I rather catch a bunch of small fishes then wait around for decades for a big fish because sometimes - you don't have all the time. Anyways...ice fishing on the North end by Kohlman has been slow every time I have been out there, but I've only been out there 3 times this winter. I've seen activity on the Vexilar, but no catches.