• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

UND Sue Hockey

Wapiti

I realized long ago (Thank the good Lord) that UND was the most classless program in college hockey, but for the announcer to bring up the loss to Holy Cross that was 2 years ago by saying that "Holy Cross was off tonight" while giving WCHA scores was embarrassing for them! That's like the Gopher announcer ( and this is a bad example but the only one I can think of off hand) repeatedly reminding the crowd that the Sue haven't won the NCAA championship since 2000. UND...the WalMart of college hockey!

Someone seems a little bitter over the loss last night.Typical Gopher Fan, complain about everything after a loss.

Who ever said I was a Gopher Fan?? A person doesn't have to even be a fan of anything to figure out that is bush league...not too hard to figure out is it? Just common sense man!

wow, he sure is bitter! get over it man the gophers got out played who cares what the announcers said. great game in my books.

GO SIOUX!!!

I'm not surprised by the response...classlessness does breed classlessness! Even some of the Sue fans I spoke with that were at the game were embarrassed by it. Get a clue!

Clearing throat; the Gophers did not get out-played. The game was decided by goaltending.

Quote:

wow, he sure is bitter! get over it man the gophers got out played who cares what the announcers said. great game in my books.

GO SIOUX!!!

The Gophers totally out played the Sioux this weekend, of course it was at the Ralph where we always outplay the Sue! grin.gif

Speaking of frustration the Sioux fans and players a like must be concerned we're talking the pre-season #1 team with a bunch of NHL'ers who stayed in school to win a title and they have been nothing but atrocious.

The Sioux are struggling but I would not say there are "atrocious"..They are .500 in league play after playing the top teams in the league, and they have beed decent in non -conf games.. They spanked Michigan State and tied BC.. Lot's of season left.. It should be interesting.

I think you need to get a clue wapiti..Like I said before the announcer said the Holy Cross thing to get the crowd fired up..It has nothing to do with class.. Have you ever been to a game at the U? You want to talk about lack of class, go sit in the student section there.

Quote:

Speaking of frustration the Sioux fans and players a like must be concerned we're talking the pre-season #1 team with a bunch of NHL'ers who stayed in school to win a title and they have been nothing but atrocious.

So how frustrated are goopher fans then? I mean they were the #2 preseason ranked team and have more NHL'ers than NoDak does. Preseason rankings are a joke and good for nothing more than early trash talk among fans. These are two underachieving teams that need to step it up if they want to meet in the post season again for some great games.

GO SIOUX!!!

Quote:

but for the announcer to bring up the loss to Holy Cross that was 2 years ago by saying that "Holy Cross was off tonight"

Ah gotta love the best rivalry in college hockey!!! grin.gif

I really like both the teams and I cheer for both when they aren't playing each other. When they do play I just want a good physical game.

I must say that I thought it was hillarious when the announcer said that. You could say that it is classless but still funny.

Has anyone who is a fan of either of these teams seen what the two Colorado teams are doing? I wonder if they play the US Junior Olimpic Hopefulls team mid way threw their season? Couldn't find the rankings for out of the top ten teams. Are either of these teams even in the top 25? Lets just call it a rebuilding year for both teams.

CW

USCHO.com/CSTV Division I Men's Poll

December 17, 2007

Team (First Place Votes) Record Points Last Poll

1 Miami (23) 16-2-0 968 2

2 Michigan (24) 16-2-0 964 1

3 Denver ( 3) 14-4-0 879 4

4 Colorado College 11-5-0 841 3

5 Michigan State 12-3-2 804 5

6 Notre Dame 16-4-0 772 6

7 North Dakota 8-6-1 679 7

8 Clarkson 10-5-0 620 8

9 Massachusetts 7-3-5 584 9

10 New Hampshire 9-4-1 570 10

11 Northeastern 7-4-2 490 11

12 Minnesota 9-8-1 424 12

13 Wisconsin 7-7-2 367 13

14 Boston College 6-4-5 355 15

15 Harvard 6-4-2 262 14

16 St. Cloud State 8-8-2 248 17

17 Rensselaer 8-7-3 148 16

18 Minnesota-Duluth 6-6-4 136 18

19 Bowling Green 8-6-0 119 19

20 Mass.-Lowell 7-4-4 102 20

Others Receiving Votes: Niagara 59, Air Force 35, Quinnipiac 34, Minnesota State 19, Michigan Tech 15, Providence 5, Dartmouth 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would just hope that when I step into a Div. 1 hockey arena the announcer would at least know the actual name of the school he's referring to...not at the Ralph! When I was there earlier this year he kept saying a score for a team named "Boston"...said it several times...when what he was trying to spit out was Boston College? For a second there I actually thought the guy knew more than I did and was talking about the Bruins...nope! Laughable!

you want to talk about classless. isn't it true the gophers won't play the sioux in any other sport besides hockey because of the fighting sioux name. If you going to make a stand for something do it all the way not half @#~

Just to let you know some facts Spotter...the Gophers don't have a choice but to play the Sue in hockey! They are both in the WCHA and teams that are in the same conference play each other! For example, Boston...um I mean Boston College playing Boston...um I mean Boston University...they are both in Hockey East therefore they must play each other!

I can agree that the announcer for UND showed very little class in saying over the PA that Holy Cross was idle that weekend. It was a sweet moment two years ago but it is in the past. To lump years of UND hockey together and say the college has no class and the team has no class is a bit overboard. I can agree with you saying we had a moment in showing no class.

Redlake, I agree with everything you stated! Thanks for pointing out that my original comments weren't fair to the history of that program.

spotter, You must know that UND is Div 2 in all their other programs. Obviously the reason they do not play Minn in anything other than hockey. Also, why is everyone so high on UND hockey? They either get players from Minnesota or Canada. And yes I know ND has a small population and doesn't produce as many hockey players. It's just funny to see all that ND hockey pride based off Minnesota born or Canada born talent.

KMR85 you sound a little narrow minded when you type on the computer. Why the chip on your shoulder? Didn't the Potunly brothers bring something to Minnesota Gopher hockey? What does it matter where you were born? You are starting to sound like a right winger (no pun intended) North Dakota hockey fans could care less where a player is from. We have had some great Canadian, Minnesota boys and even some foreign players. Just exactly what are you trying to say?

I think all that North Dakota hockey pride makes you a little nervous.

How about that highly touted recruit Phil Kessel? I seem to recall all the Choker fans at the final five Chanting his name(before he had even worn the jersey no less) as the Sioux were destroying the Gophers hopes once again.

kmr85...using your senseless logic, why would you cheer for the Vikings, unless they were all MN born? Its called pride - you cheer for the team that represents your school. If MN can do it with 100% MN born players - that's great. ND can't do that and MN hasn't historically been 100% minnesotan year after year. To try to pooh-pooh the ND program based on not using ND players is totally hypocritical BS unless you can point to a program that's used exclusively in-state players. Good luck on that.

from what i here the sioux is going div 1 next year and minnesota already said that they won't play them next year except hockey. just what i here no facts yet. and whats wrong with having some pride of north dakota hockey, i suppose you don't like the wild because of foreign talent on the team.

After UND changes the nickname/logo to the RoughRiders or Fighting Cavalry I think the Rodents will no longer boycott playing UND. Of course, coach Brewster has already stated that he won't play NDSU in football any longer. Based on the history of success with the Rodent football they'll probably drop down and play Div III and try to pickup some lame wins. I will give Lucia credit, he's the only coach that actually plays a competitive non-conference schedule. As a UND grad I can't get enough of UND hockey (notice I did not state "Fighting Sioux" to avoid offending anyone).

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with walleyeking in that it was just something to get the crowd fired up. It happens in every sport: In basketball it's "air ball, air ball". At Denver Broncos' home games it's "In-com-plete". At other games it's the "Hit the Road Jack" song when the road team is losing late in the game. It's not a big deal.

If Wapiti is a "true" hockey fan like I believe maybe he/she is, he/she should appreciate the mighty UND Fighting Sioux for always playing hockey the way it should be played!Dump the rotten Goofers Wapiti, and hop on the Sioux train, we'll make room for you!