• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

lucy1205

Heard there was a buzz surrounding lake pepin a few years back. PEPIN near Montgomery that is. Rearing pond. I drove past this pot hole and never bothered to fish it. Someone I know claims he boats it in the fall. Is this lake worth trying?

walleyeslayer18

eh idk if its worth it anymore it has a winter kill every couple years and if your not on the walleyes usually you wont catch any its hard but thats just my opinion.

lucy1205

What do you mean "on them". The lakes tiny.Can't I get on them.

walleyeslayer18

you can try but i dont think that the payoff is good enough. thats just me. i have never had too much luck on that lake. give it a try if you want, thats juts my personal preferance.

MNice

Well, you already know the rearing pond thing, so its only good once in about 3 or 4 years. I have not been out yet this year, but I've had very good luck in the past. The eyes do run small, usally 12-14", but they taste great, and you don't feel guilty about keeping a limit every time out because of the winter kill. I live very close and have not seen anybody out there yet.

hawkeye43

You need to look closer and at the right time. grin.gif

Sifty

Back about ten years ago there was a great perch bite out there.

Sifty

walleyeslayer18

i was just out on twin and didnt get a bite so tomorrow i might go out to pepin and see if i can get anything! I gave it a couple shots last year and i got skunked everytime...i dont know if im doing something wrong or just bad luck but hopefully that will all change this year!

buckpredator

I was out there yesterday for a while with my brother and we drilled lots of holes and we caught only a couple keepers. We also let a few little ones go. I wish we could have been out there longer, but we had prior commitments. We were out from noon til 4:00. There was one other guy who must live close cause he came with only a wheeler.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• ZachD
      Its that time of year again pick up your heart guard and your flea and tick.  
    • Smoker2
      Where are you located?
    • eyeguy 54
      Time to get the yak ready. Might need to paddle a couple spots on the sippi soon. 
    • mrpike1973
      Nice Crappie!
    • Rick G
      Eyeguy and I made it out one last time yesterday. Access points are getting pretty bad in our area. Was finding roughly 2ft of  very chunky ice in the places we drilled holes. With the warm weather and bright sunahine we had, I'm guessing we lost a few inches through the day Fishing wasn't exactly fast and furious, we did get our fish... but really had to work for the quality.  The area we ended up finding our fish was a shallow 6-10ft dark bottom flat, close to where they will move come ice out.   It soon became apparent the fish we were targeting were almost swiming with their back right against the bottom of the ice, infact my two best crappies hit while my bait was only inches below my hole.  Baits we found better success with were the Northland slugbug and The Impulse Mayflies in bright colors. Jig size didn't seem to matter much due to the depth we were fishing. As I am typing this, my thoughts are already turning toward warmer days spent chasing smallies on the river. The boat and yak are soon to be ready, rods will be strung and so on. It was one heck of a long winter.... fished with some real good people from this site I had more good days than bad, got some monster fish locally... for these things I'm truly blesaed.... like I said,It's been a long winter....I'm glad it's over Pic is of my last big ice crappie for the season  
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      I will certainly keep you informed about the progress of the hatchery. I expect to see the nets and traps go in within the next two to three days. The run should be very strong as the fish are already moving into Pike Bay strongly. Cliff
    • Bigfatbert
      Thanks Cliff for your Pike River deteriorating ice reports and pics . I. Really want to show my wife the hatchery when the action is really happening this year , I would assume you will be right on that when this happens , is there any way that you can give a shout out on here as to just when this scenario is happening up there . With the warmer temps being quite steady now , I would think the run will be rather strong this year when things get going ..  
    • biff
    • CigarGuy
      I got the 4 smaller ones the other day. They are a little over 2" long and paid only $6.64 total to my door.  The quality seem pretty good, we shall see once I put them to some use! 
    • Bryan P
      Thanks Leech! Ya you need a life jacket in a kayak. I have mine behind my seat, but Yes I should be wearing it.