• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How far out did you get before the slush got that bad? Did you go straight off the landing into the middle of the lake there or off that other path near the spearhouses? Im hoping to get out there again tommorow and give it a try maybe in a different area. Neiko im not sure if you could make it all the way across with a four wheeler, the slush is bad out in the middle and i dont think very many people dared go out there to find out.

Wally,

I went straight out from the landing...pass the 1st 2 spearhouses that would be on your right as your facing the lake....I'm not 100% sure as in distance wise past them but I was out a ways and a little to the right towards the village of houses.

Like I said earlier I went up towards Cotton today and the lake I went on was TERRIBLE with sluch.

Harv you mustve been right about where i was, except i think i was a little closer to the landing then you. I guess we just missed each other by an hour or so. It seems like the fish on chub start biting later in the afternoon better for me although i havent tried in the morning. Im probably going to give it another shot tommorow if we dont get to much snow. Im thinkin i might try over by that cluster of houses in the middle and kinda to the left if your facing the lake.

Vermillion- I spear out of my portable, it's a hassle, but it does the job I guess. My portable is a green Eskimo Grand Caravan. I pull it with my red Honda fourman wheeler. The reason I have a hard time getting out there is probable because my portable is like 300 pounds with all my gear in it. I was spearing amongst all of the other spearhouses on thursday, but I was shallower than I would have liked.

Me and Scotty headed out to Big today and we faced the same problem as on Chub, SLUSH. It wasn't everywhere, but where it was it was horrible. Spent half an hour heading out and even more time on the trek out! Speared two smaller ones, saw others. Wasn't many houses out there, so there was no plowed trail to follow. I might venture out to Chub to do a little spearing tomorrow, and If I do, I'll try and find you. What vehicle do you drive?

Eatsleepfish,I drive a black berretta, but i definetely wont be driving that out on the ice. Im hoping to be out there by 11:30 or so and probably stay out until dark. You can look for my fish house its a blue clam 2000 and it had my name on one side of it. Itll have my hand auger sitting outside too. Ill probably be set up straight out from the landing near that group of houses in the middle, i didnt have any luck over by the spearhouses on thursday. I probably wont make it too far from the landing so ill be close. What time are you going to be out there at? If we get too much snow tonight, which im hoping we dont then i probably wont be out there but otherwise ill be there.

Eatsleepfish, Were you out there today? I went out on that plowed road straight off the landing right in the middle of that group out there. Caught 1 northern at about 1 pm, only one other bite. Just filleted that northern, i wouldve liked to release it but it was bleeding so figured id eat it and found eggs in it. Is this common in winter northerns? E.S.F i figured you and scotty would be out there today at the baitshop gene told me he had just thrown scotty out so i figured you guys would be out fishing. grin.gif

Yeah, Gene's a good guy, gotta love his jokes. But no, Scotty didn't tag along today, I went out by myself. I saw your house today, though I didn't know it at the time. I went across the lake and fished. I got out there around 4:00. I'm heading out spearing at day-break tomorrow so if you head out again I'll maybe stop bye and say hi.

Oh yeah, and the eggs in the northern is common. Female pike will start to develop their eggs in late fall, when the water cools. For some reason, every single pike I've gotten this winter has been a female? confused.gif

Yeah there were a few houses that looked just like mine out there but i was pretty much right on the plowed path, that was a mistake with those wheelers constantly whizzing by. Did you get anything today? I will probably be out there tommorow, though i wont be there at daybreak grin.gif Im lazy up until the walleye opener. Ill probably be out there from 11 or so untile dark again, i wish i could find a nice productive spot out there. Maybe ill see you out there tommorow. That spot i was on today looked like a real nice weedbed, you should set up around there might be good. You werent in that really loud group of guys setting up right as i was leaving were you, they had a green eskimo fishhouse.

finally through out the spearhouse...its the white one right in front of the access by the blue one...saw 4 yesterday afternoon from 1200-230 and 2 this morn from 9-1130...im heading out again now

The white one directly out from the access? Not off to the side. Maybe ill drop in and say hi sometime out there.

Wally,

After I packed up Sat. afternoon I noticed your vehicle and looked out and saw the blue clam out from the access. I'm assuming you were the 1st one from the landing...at approx. 4. I caught enough tiny perch to feed an army of northerns. My gosh....I was tired of reeling in the lines because I just knew it was another perch.

Harv,

Yeah that was me out there grin.gif. I packed up around 4:30 or so. I was straight out from the acces there there were a couple other fish houses that looked like mine though I was past those 2 permantents straight out. Did you see those guys that were setting up the green house by mine i think it was around 4 or a little after because i was packing up to go. I think that was the loudest group setting up a fish house that i have seen. What were you using to get those perch? I havent got any perch out there this year just pike and crappie.

yah the white one between the baby blue and particle board one...if theres a older guy in the house its my dad...im 20 but we both have keys...stop by anytime...how deep are you guys with those portables?..im about 9 ft and want move out i think.

when i put mine right out from the access i go probably 150-200 yards out and its about 8-10 feet deep, not much deeper then where you are. Saw my first chub lake walleye today grin.gif

Hey all,

I went out with Eatsleepfish last wednesday and lost a bag full of stuff on the bumpy ride out. It bounced off the trailer, and I didn't realize it until after we got home. It was a plastic bag with some garbage, a half a bag of chips some waxies, a plastic tackle box with a few jigs, some pink bobber stops, and sinkers, and most importantly my brand new vexilar battery. If anyone picked this up I would really appreciate it if you let me know.

ill keep an eye out for it if in get out on chub this sunday, although im sure somebody else will have found it by then. Hope you find your stuff.

Hello this is the guy with the green truck in the fishhouse straight out from landing. I have not seen anything of yours around here. GL finding it

Anybody been doing any good on chub lately? Havent been there for a couple weeks. I did catch 10 crappies on Big lake today though if anybody fishes out there.