• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Waconia Ice Reports???

Anybody checked the ice on Waconia this season? I was on Lotus Lake in Chanhassen and measured 6 inches all around the west end of the lake... Caught about a dozen smaller crappies yesterday... Wanting to put a Waconia trip together for the weekend but haven't had a chance to drive out that way! Any reports would be great...

Anyone with a "latest and greatest" ice report? Any news from the north or east sides?

Next door neighbor was out on the "dead sea" on Saturday eve and said there was 5 -6" out from the beach about 200 yards. Didn't get any fish.

Fished this morning in the bay measured anywhere from 5" to 10" near In Towne Marina, we saw a few realy nice crappie on the camera but couldn't get them to bite we ended up the day with a lot of smaller Perch. All the fish were associated with weeds...

There was 9 to 9.5" total (8" of good, strong ice) 1/4 mile out the public access (on the east side), towards Anderson's Reef.

Sure was peaceful out there with no snowmobile's racing around. I suppose next weekend will be a different story.

Out of the 20 or so we caught only 5 maby 10 were keepable, I about average for the lake! Good to hear we have got good ice on the east side...

Ice is very spotty, was out all weekend and found anywhere from 3/4 of an inch to eight inches.

was out last night. 11 1/2" of ice yes it is true...fished from 5:30-6:30 iced 7-8 crappies 8-9" threw them all back and had multiple other bites. bobber was not working. see ya all out there in the perm in a week

I was out on Wed night on cemetary and found 8.5" of ice and not a single fish came through !!!

Lane

Were you in the bay? I want to get out to plisbury this weekend but haven't checked the ice that far out, any ideas? The few times i've been out this year it been slow... Good Luck!

Pulled my portable out to Pillsbury on Friday aft...man am I out of shape! According to the GPS, it was .62 miles from the access. Moved about 5 times, only iced about 12 perch, the largest was 7 inches, most were about 5 inches. The ice was 10", but there was slushy spots in the bay on the way to Pillsbury. I will by trying Turds tonight. I want to find some Crappies so I can get my dad on some fish.

I was out on the bay this morning until about 2 pm - iced a few crappies 8"-10" and a lot of small perch like always! Ice was 10+"! I am going to go out tommarow after work and se if we can get some night bite crappie to move in on Cemetary and Pilsbury if I feel up to the walk

i was out on the north shore waconia on sunday we had 5" in spots and 10" in other spots no fish some slush by shore line

Went out on Waconia on the 15th. Found 8-10" of ice in the holes we drilled. Caught about 6 small crappies and one 15.5" walleye at dusk. Had a bunch of lookers too (very frustrating). A few inches of snow covered most of the lake making it a little difficult to drag out the portable. Saw two guys dragging a fold up portable and they were going nowhere fast, probably still out there.

Ok this may sound like a stupid question, but where are Anderson's, Pillsbury and Cemetary reef? I've fished this lake quite a few times but I've never heard the names of any of these spots. I've probably been fishing them and don't even know it!!

cemetary is just southeast of coney island you can see them on the lake finder map @mndnr (Contact Us Please) com

Was out on Monday. Fished the pilsbury hole nothing to be heard of. When heading out to the spot from the accees that has all the pines around it and houses. Be careful of the slus hat is towards Harms point. I was on my wheeler and saw it a long ways away. Their is a path that someone has plowed with a wheeler and that was very safe fro us. Once you got out to the middle of the lake the ice was very good and plenty for a wheeler. I would saw there is about 8-9 inches out there but the fish arent out their yet.After This weekend the cold should help to gain some more ice because I want to get the perm. out there soon. Good luck fishing this weekend everyone!

went out for a few hours this afternoon 12-19-07 went pass the clay banks good 10" all around 1 spot with slush no flags confused.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Any new info on Waconia? I'm looking to go out tomorrow with a buddy on furlough from military duties.

Thanks!

Quote:

cemetary is just southeast of coney island you can see them on the lake finder map @mndnr (Contact Us Please) com

What does this mean. . . (contact us please) Maybe they don't like that link?

Anyways, I would like to know where the Pillsbury Reef is. The wonderfully detailed map on the dnr website, & my Lakemaster software do not name this reef on them. They have everything else (Cemetary, Keg's, Red's, Anderson, Center), but no Pillsbury. I must have the older software. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!!!

Hrm...whats the URL to *that* map on the DNR site with the names?

I found maps there, but they don't name anything at all....save the island...

Quote:

Hrm...whats the URL to *that* map on the DNR site with the names?

I found maps there, but they don't name anything at all....save the island...

I don't think the Moderator's will let that link be shown, which is fine. The maps are pretty basic anyways. Sorry for any confusion. I was being sarcastic when I said "wonderfully detailed maps". You were on the right URL.

You could try Lakemaster, and see what they would charge for their map. I might be wrong, but, I think you might be able to buy just one map at a time? The sowftware I have shows the depth in 3 foot increments on Waconia.

*chuckle*

Ahh, that explains it.. Well half of it any how...I'm sure (I thought that) the original poster of the suggestion to check the lake finder maps @ the DNR site was being sincere!

smile.gif

I'll be out there somewhere, tomorrow

8-D