• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake O'dowd ICE!!!!

AceintheHole

Yes that would be mine blue tarp green wooden sides. I will be out there sunday all afternoon till well after dark. Going to try to move it out deeper. Try to stay away from all the houses out there. I am hoping there will be somebody with a fourwheeler out there to maybe give me a quick tow. Heard on wcco weather they are talking 40's in the middle of the month hope we don't have to pull our houses off the lake for awhile. Guess will have to wait and see.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AceintheHole

• frank's bait

• Kodiak

• bassNspear

so it's been awhile since anyone has posted on this lake... Been here reading all of what everyone has been writing waiting for good ol mn fishing to interact. I've been actively fishing this lake since way earlier ice - two new moons ago. Alot of success a month ago, is anyone still catching em? Oh by the way has anyone seen the monster sunnie swimming around in there, yesterday i was looking down my hole in the mid day and saw about a 12-14 sunny 6 feet down staring at my minnow. Reminded me of my fav. lake way up north where the sunnies have TWO DORSAL FINS.

Have not been out in a couple of days. Going out sunday to the house might move it to upper prior. Spent last sunday at the FM get together on prior what a blast fishing was crazy 7-9"sunnies and 9-11" crappies all day awesome time.

Congrats on finding the nice crappies in prior AceintheHole. I've cracked the 8" barrier once this year, trying a different spot every time out. Guess I should've gone to the get-together!

We were in candy cove all day. As long as the crowds stay out of there the fishing will remain good but I think those days a numbered. Glad we got in there when we did. Thinking of moving to upper prior deep hole in front of the twin island

Picked these up with my oldest girl last time we were out at the house. Not a bad night, most of them were caught after 7:00pm on glow jigs and dead stickin fat heads.

>

caught me a half of dozen 9" plus crappies out of odowd so far this winter, biggest coming in just shy of 12" Always had real good luck just to the southeast of the fishing pier... It's always been a when you go not where you go on odowd for me... late afternoon into the late night time is best.

The ice is plenty safe been seeing 13-17". the warm weather help settle the snow down making travel much better. Yes they are walleyes 13- 19 1/2" I caught those on Odowds about 13'.

Headed out late this morning to move house out deeper 15-17' will post results hopfully they are good.

Not a bad day a little slow but managed a few crappies and sunnies. Missed one flag early in the evening with a 6" sucker. Fishing 22' had 16" of good soild ice

whoa boy was sat. a slow day or what? spent about 12 hours out there and managed to get only 3 nice 9 plus crappies between the threve of us. To add insult to injury I think I put myself into shock driving back across the lake at midnight on the four wheeler. The fish seemed to move in when all the lil sunnies moved out around 9:30 10 oclock. The three we landed all were right around that time. Prolly hit er up tomorrow, i'll let everyone know how we do. Oh yea ice was thick everywhere but in my opinion its never safe. Thick enough just about I might start bringing my extension for the good ol auger soon.

Originally Posted By: AceintheHole
Not a bad day a little slow but managed a few crappies and sunnies. Missed one flag early in the evening with a 6" sucker. Fishing 22' had 16" of good soild ice

i seen your shack out there yesterday, if you get a walleye out there that will be a first.

Did not even get one bite on the dead stick. Thinking they are still relating to whats left of the weeds? Still don't want to be where all the houses are the group by the island and the one on the other side. Was thinking about finding the sucken island thats out there. The crappies I got were not bad 9"-11. Were are the walleyes? thinking shallower 13-17'?

ace shoot me an email... evo748r at lycos com

i want to discuss some spots on this lake with you if that is cool.

A Ok Thank you

on a side note if one more car or truck drives between my tip-up and my house which is about 20' I going to throw my auger thru your windsheild. There is no reason you need to be driving that close to peoples houses.

wasnt your tipup just to the front right of your house,,,i wasnt even 20' away...they are driving in between there!!

i was in a black malibu checking my brothers icehouse green with white trim out by yours..i seen your shack.

yes like 3 times just [PoorWordUsage] me off

next time I'm going to see were they are fishing and then take my sled by at 80 or so about 10' away and see if they like that

P.s thats not poor word usage thats the truth!!!!!!!!!

I'll play nice when people learn how to drive on the ice. You don't drive that close to somebodys house like 2 or 3 times and you don't fly across the lake at 40 either. Just have some respect for the other people out there. There is plenty of lake for everyone.

I live in shakopee and odowds has always had just a bunch of stuped kids out there partying not even fishing and i agree with you ace they have NO RESPECT FOR OTHER PEOPLE OUT THERE!

You would think that the hole would hold walleyes in the winter being its the deepest part of a shallow lake but the more I read about lakes like O'dowd the fish that are stocked are pond walleyes meaning they will relate to the weeds more than say a lake that has natural reproduction of walleyes vs a lake that's stocked. I know that the big bay past the rock point headed over by the golf course is about 12' and I see a house or two over there. I really think the key is to find the deep weed edge. Which would be all along the the big island and around past the fishing pier. I'm still thinking they bite best well after dark but I'm never out past 8 or so. I think we are in the right location maybe just need to be a little shallower 16-17' back towards either shore line break. Another option is really shallow say 5-10' get set up well before dark and stay quite. I still think I'm going to try to find that little hump that's out there, nobody seems to ever fish over there. The maps I have looked at show it in about 12-15' coming up to about 5-8'. It's not very big, but you have a good weed line and deep water close by. I might be out there sat. afternoon and try to find before the wife comes out with me sat night.

I've always done pretty well on the walleyes there in the early spring. They are in there. I personally saw a 29" 9lber caught there. My biggest is a 25".

They are there......

oh and Ace, you are right on the money on the weed edge.

I'll be out there tomorrow night.

Originally Posted By: dtro

I'll be out there tomorrow night.

i will try to be out tonight but is gonna be cold!! you think it will be even worth trying the rest of the week?

You never know this cold waether might kick thing into gear. I have seen it happen before. We have not had very cold temps so far this year, so I think the fish are still all over the place. this cold might move them to there deeper midwinter spots. Just a thought.

Originally Posted By: AceintheHole
You never know this cold waether might kick thing into gear. I have seen it happen before. We have not had very cold temps so far this year, so I think the fish are still all over the place. this cold might move them to there deeper midwinter spots. Just a thought.

are you going to be in your permenant or a in a portable?