• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Neiko

Weekend of Dec 14th Places to eat

Neiko

A couple buddies and me are heading up next weekend to do some ice fishing and was wondering if there is anywhere to get breakfast or dinner in Crane Lake. Not sure where we are staying yet.

mark23

At the end of the crane lake road is the voyageur lodge, there a full bar and restraunt, I'm not sure of there hours but you could look up there web site and see if they list them, they also have a web cam that shows the lake. And on the road to crane from orr is a couple diners, one is the VRT and there is another one but I can't remeber the name.

Neiko

The Voyagaire is closed until after Xmas so I will have to check VRT out. Thanks

89Bronco

Besides the VRT, there is a resort that I think is called Trails End that my brother says is pretty good. I've eaten at the little bar at the start of the Echo Trail and that was decent, but I can't remember the name of the place. I'm not sure if any of these places will have breakfast, or even be open for that matter. I know it's kind of "inbetween season" for them.

Neiko

I talked to the Trails End today and they will be gone next weekend. Anyone know the phone number for VRT?

Swimstein

Elephant Lake Lodge is open on weekends, but if noone is staying in the lodge their hours can be variable. They have had some hunters and ice fishermen the last couple of weekends. We go over to Crane to eat during the summer, but don't know how the road is now.

If you wish to eat there, suggest calling ELL at 800-205-9001 to confirm they are open.

mark23

I found the phone nmumber for the golf course that I think is associated with VRT (vermillion river tavern, buyck mn)that number is 218-993-2246. I know it's not golf season but they might still answer the phone. Also I bet you could call the Orr,mn chamber of commerce and they would have the number.

Neiko

Thanks guys. I will call Melgeorge's tomorrow and try the number for VRT.

let it snow

That is the number for the VRT.

Voyagaire may not be open until after Xmas but you could give them a try - 218-993-2266.

Melgeorge's is open.

LIS

Timber

The Portage Inn in Buyck at 993-2243

Vermilion River Tavern at 993-2246

Crane Lake visitor's center at 1-800-362-7405