• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Big C ice conditions?

there was open water out there the day before the first snowfall. though much of the lake was froze around the edges, there couldnt have been 4" before we got all this snow. driving past after the snow many areas of slush were showing up. now add the last batch of snow and things can only be worse.

I'd be extremely cautious this year!

Anybody been out on Upper Cormorant. Never fished it and thinking of giving it a whirl. Hows the ice? Are there walleyes as the DNR report show?

went out scouting a bit this past sat when it was so cold. hopeing to not find any slush, there was. where I wanted to go only had 3" good ice with 3" water on top of that with 8+ inches of snow.

TEh DNR reports are fairly accurate in the walleye numbers but they are hard to catch some days on Big C, mainly due to the large amount of bait and forage in the lake. Most people here have had some good luck though, I hit big C about 1-2 doz times a year and do OK. I have never done phenomanaly (spelling?) but I have done OK. There are about 3 real hot spots on the lake usually, Most are in the water, if not it is at the Pub down the road. Good luck

PS. Not to be a smart allec about the spots but I really dont want to post exact locations, look at a map, look for islands, rocks and channels, IF you find those 3 distinct things you will find the fish on Big C.

Anyone been by bc recently? Its almost too bad we didnt get all the snow a week or two later - many of our lakes would have safer ice right now..