• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy from Cottage Grove

Did the Geese Leave?

Jimmy from Cottage Grove

I was just wondering what everyone was seeing for geese around the area. I hunt in the lake elmo, stillwater area. Last weekend there was thousands of birds around. I haven't been out scouting. Yet my buddy hunted our spot last night, and this morning. He did not see one goose. I am worried that they moved out. What is everyone else seeing in the area?

Dean Schellinger

If they cannot find anymore open water they might have left, but chances are the snow and today's cold have changed their patterns. We went out this morning in hopes the geese would fly but they didn't get off the river by 11 so we packed up. Scout various times of the day and you will probably see some geese, otherwise move to area's with open water close by.

Jimmy from Cottage Grove

I went out tonight scouting. I seen about 20 birds on lake elmo. It was just open a little bit. Last year lake elmo actually stayed open til the middle of January. I checked all the usual hang outs. Zero. I went through Cottage Grove, Woodbury, Lake Elmo, Stillwater, and Oakdale. And I only seen those few. They had to of pushed out of the area.

IceHawk

The geese we had really busted out of here the last couple of days. I'm figureing the deep snow is makeing finding good food sources very tough thus the geese are moving on looking for greener pastures. On a side note I bet Rochester is filling up here I come!!! smile.gifsmile.gif

ironman

Driving back to the cities from Alexandria the only geese I saw were two seperate flocks near St. Cloud. Headed down to Dodge county this weekend myself...no scouting so here's to hoping.

123fish

A lot of geese have been moving through the far corner of southwest Minnesota since Sunday. They are good sized flocks and high and heading south. I'm only twenty miles from the Iowa border and there's no way they were going to end up in Minnesota. Still some geese in the area though.

brittman

There are plenty of geese in Washington county. They have realigned themselves with the open water that is left.

They do not need to fly 10+ miles to the corn fields they were feeding in two weeks ago. They are finding adequate feed close to their new home.

I was seeing hundreds of geese on the Oakdale and Lake Elmo boarder every morning. Ponds and lakes froze - they left.

Jimmy from Cottage Grove

Brit I am assuming you mean the field off of 10th street, and Radio. Do you hunt in the area there? I see some people set up in that field some times. Most years actual Lake Elmo is one those places they stay at because it freezes last. Since it is almost 150 feet deep. When I drove past that on wednesday it was almost frozen over. I am sure it is now.