• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Ultimate Panfish League - Rochester (UPLR) - Ice ('07/'0

The results from last nights event on Chester Woods have been posted.

Also notice our next event is this Saturday morning on Lake Zumbro.

I've posted the results from this past Saturdays event on Lake Zumbro.

Also, if your interested in our next event next Monday Feb 4th, check the UPLR website. It's going to be an interesting one at a Mystery Lake. Last year it was on a private body of water, with a post event fiesta. I've some something similar planned for this year, but not necessarily the same location

Every week we've got new members on FM as well as at the UPLR events. I thought I would put a post up reminding everybody about the UPLR email list. I send about 1 email a week which contains info on the UPLR events including updates, winners, baits, presentations, etc. It also includes any updates you should be aware of regarding upcoming or past events. If you would like to be added to this email list, drop me a PM or email asking to be added. Currently I have 98 people on this list and all have voluntarily wanted to be added to the list.

Our upcoming event is Feb 4th at a Mystery Lake location. This was probably my favorite event last winter. Check out the News and Schedule page on the UPLR website for more information.

so if i would like to just give it a try do i just show up

is there any age limit

weight in go by how many or the biggest one

Open to all ages, male, female, black, white, green, in other words, EVERYONE!! Weigh-in is your 4 biggest gills and 4 biggest crappies. Gills is kinda general, that half of the weight can be any member of the sunfish family, bluegills, green sunfish, warmouth, pumpkinseed, any hybrid, and even rock bass.

Originally Posted By: fishinbros
so if i would like to just give it a try do i just show up

is there any age limit

weight in go by how many or the biggest one

Yep, all you need to do is show up at the registration time. $10 per person, with an optional $1 big fish contest (where the largest fish of any species wins). 100% payback. At many of the contests we've pair of brothers that are 11 & 13 yrs old (I think).

Originally Posted By: fishinbros
is that the whistle binkies on the lake in rochester

You Betcha

i almost stopped last night on the highway to take a picture but i figured my camera wouldn't capture it. It was a beautiful minnesota sight. Fresh snow shacks and people dotted all over the ice and the hue from everyones laterns looked AWESOME from a distance. really was a good sight to behold even for a non icer like myself. ike

We heard a few people drive by on 52 and honk. Figured they were saying hi to us.

The results from last nights event at Whistle Binkies have been posted. TOUGH fishing to say the least!

Originally Posted By: rgcurtis
It's good to hear that you found your wallet. Hah

Yeah, no doubt. Ryan is a lifesaver. WoW what deal to have somebody call you and return your lost wallet with everything including all the cash still inside. rgcurtis, if you know Ryan please send me and email. I'd love to get his email and drop him another Thank You note.

• 2 weeks later...

I've chosen the location of our next UPLR event (this next Monday the 25th). I anticipate many fish to be caught as this location tends to have a great night bite. I'll post the location on Monday morning (or possibly Sunday night). Hope many of you can make it. The UPLR winter events are starting to wind down, but thus far we've had a great season. Thanks all whom have participated in person and in spirit.

The Mystery Lake location (tonight) will be at Gamehaven / Boy Scout Camp. Registration will begin at 5:15. I know it's a haul, but the fish are bitting very well there right now (and we're not talking dinks)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really looking forward to our next event on Foster this Monday evening. The trout have been on fire out there, so it should make for a very interesting big fish challenge. Hope many of you can make it. This will be out last Monday evening UPLR ice event.

• 2 weeks later...

We had a really good UPLR ice season. I'm happy with it and I hope the other participants are as well. I'll try to throw together an open water season in the next few weeks.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.