• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Making any ice after the snow on sat?

I'm sure there has been as it's been below 20 almost the whole time afterwards. There are people still fishing Buffalo and there was also a four wheeler out there today so you can only assume its thick enough.

Quote:

There are people still fishing Buffalo and there was also a four wheeler out there today so you can only assume its thick enough.

either it's thick enough or there are just some dumb people in this world.

I'll bet on them not to smart. I would rather check it myself just to be sure. Maybe a few more days, or people I know telling me what they had for ice.

Looks to be staying very cold from now on so we should have some good ice soon i think. As long as the snow stops

Thats good to hear that there are poeple out there yet. Thanks for the info. I have not had a chance to get over and check it since saturday. It is always a crap shoot when the snow get deep. It will be very important to check and not only go by what others say this year on bufaflo and probably many other lakes this year. There were a lot of open spots that were hit and miss just before the the snow fell so these spots that are undetectable now are going to be dangerous for a while. So even if you see people out there be sure to check the ice thickness every few feet.

Hey I've been going out to a little lake just north of Becker and since the first 6-7 inches of snow we recieved the lake has made maybe an inch of ice. I was out last night and drug the portable all the way out there and... thats a job thru all the snow. All I got was one 15 inch eye and a couple of 3-5 LBS Northerns, but its always fun.

be safe on the ice smile.gif