• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hydes Lake

Does anyone know the thickness of the ice or if anyone has been out on Hydes by NYA? I usually like to hit this lake early season.

If you like fishing these small lakes I would stop posting about them here! Hydes used to be a great little lake five years ago now everyone and there brother are out there pounding it year round. Just saying be carefull this web site can kill a little lake over night! Hydes is a perfect example. Good luck

Quote:

If you like fishing these small lakes I would stop posting about them here! Hydes used to be a great little lake five years ago now everyone and there brother are out there pounding it year round. Just saying be carefull this web site can kill a little lake over night! Hydes is a perfect example. Good luck

Hey WAC...i only slighty agree with you. This website provides valuable info in regards to many things...one of them is SAFETY. It isn't like people are giving EXACT spots, times and what to fish with. Most people are inquiring about small lakes right now because they want to fish on a lake with fish...and stay safe. I do agree with you in terms of "what people are inquiring about"....but i am happy to supply info about what sort of fish are in a lake, what the ice depth is, and maybe a past experience.

I agree with both you guys, i remember when almost no one else fished this lake and now there are huge crowds. Im just trying to figure out ice depths so I can have a safe day on the lake. I just want to go to a small lake until the bigger ones are froze over and safe to walk on.

Right on tip... this is a great site for info I was just saying that you got to remeber there are thousands of people looking at these post. If you asked me post like these killed that lake and its a real shame. Free country you guys can talk about any lake you want. Just a heads up to what can happen if you start posting on these little lakes like Hydes that can't take that kind of presure. Good luck to you guys and by all means be safe out there.

I'm surprised that was it. That lake gets pounded now from word-of-mouth ruin. Like Wac said, all it takes is mention of a lake for the crowd followers to show up. And you don't need to say where the spot is on a 200 acre lake-it's obvious. Good thing there's better lakes in the area....

i drove by on sunday, and there was 8 portables out there.

for all the fish that have been taken out of there in the last year, i still cant believe that so many people are still fishing it.

you and everyone else has and still will fish crappies till the lake itself is gone again for another 12 years.

There has been so many awesome fish caught out of there in the last year, and i believe there is still a ton in there. I dont fish them, but my old man spent alot of time out there, and he was getting some nice fish, but to many people out there fishing them out.

You guys kill me. If you want to complain about some one posting a report, go elsewhere. It's call free speech and this arguement is older than any of you.

ps I live 7 miles from Hydes and knew they were slaughter the fish out there. I have never fished the lake. If you don't like someone posting about your lake, go fish another.

just my Opinion, and i beleive I am entitled to it. grin.gif

In reality, if nothing would have been said, this thread would have gone un-noticed and not really caused anyone to go fish the lake that doesnt already, he was just asking for some ice conditions so he can be safe. But since he got jumped on for making the post, now this thread has everyones attention and people will go find out what it is about this lake that you dont want people knowing about.

My point being, if you see a post about a small lake that you dont think can handle more pressure, dont bring any more attention to it than already had been, you just made it worse.

This lake has been destroyed due to urban sprawl and the internet. Period! This is one of the last remaining lakes in the west metro that was once considered a "farm" lake. Arguing about it on the net is only going to add chatter (as I just added another post to it). The people who have been out there in the past will continue to go until the lake stops producing numbers which I believe already has.

(besides all of the 15-17 inch crappies I caught last night)

Duh!

I'm glad someone profited from the little ones I let go earlier yesterday morning....

I agree. I think some fisherman fish lakes out of habbit. Which is ok with me & not a big deal at all. I've fished a couple small lakes in the area within the last 10 days or so and have come to the conclusion that the pressure inflicted the last 2-3 years has wiped out a couple of the good smaller sized lake bites that were going on. I have sat in my portable for a couple hours giving multiple presentations and iced three small fish.... Now I know one should be more mobile but I was too lazy and only had my hand auger... I really don't think that there is a healthy population of decent sized fish anymore... Time to move on and let these lakes rebound. Give two or three years and it'll happen all over again.

I just can't believe that anyone would keep any fish to eat out of this lake (and it's neighbor). If you think I'm nuts for saying this, you need to go out in the middle of summer to take a big ole whiff of what's in there. Poo run off. Period. Nasty, nasty.

it wasnt that bad this year when i went out there with my bass boat. It was 89 degrees out, in the middle of summer, and i had not bad smell from the lake.

Its a great little lake, and i hope that people watch what there taking home.