• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Spearing Blues

spear foot 1

Here I sit looking at this ---- computer again when I should be looking down a spear hole. I picked up the spearing bug about september this year and in october when I should have been in the white tail mode I found myself digging out the decoys and auger and the spear. And then one november morning it happened. The dog dish is froze and then you try to forget it intil you pass the pond on the way to work and slam on the brakes causing yelling and screaming from motorist swerving around you. But I'm tranqulized by the frozen surface. For the next couple of days it's below freezing and everything looks perfect for fishing and spearing and then here comes old man winter dumping more and more white stuff. We need moisture but we also need ice for my sanity crazy.gif. Any way I guess for now I will look at this ---- computer blush.gif

I'm hoping on get out this saturday if the weather will let me. I cant wait to get out and see if the fish are moving.

everyone needs to be careful, the lakes have lotz of water on the ice becuase of the snow. to me that means everything freezes up and ive had really bad experieces with that and is no fun.

Got out today for the second time this year and got a nice fat 5 lb fish that had a 7 inch sunnie in her belly and came in after my red and white like she wanted more. The water was dirty but you could make out her nice black back when she came in. Probably thinking only one fish big deal right but the 1/2 mile pull cutting the hole and puting up the house were all worth it!!!!

Check out you tube. Type in Pike Spearing, there are some decent videos on there that might help ease your pain a little.

Hopfully the lakes here in central minnesota start putting some more ice on. It's one thing not enough ice for fishing but now with this snow the kids are out running snowmobiles and if there not careful they could end up in trouble on some of these lakes with open watet or thin ice under the snow.

that is corect. I am going to get out on saturday, hopefully there is safe ice all over the lake

Well good luck Bass-n-spear, Hopefully you find good ice. I'm thinking maybe giving it a week yet befor venturing out. From what I hear from the guys that have been out the ice around here is still pretty scary confused.gif So just be careful all you guys smile.gif

Was out today and the snow drifts are starting to get hard now and water is coming up in alot of places. Got one more and boy did that first one taste good!!!! Cold weather for tonite so it should make some more ice, I had about 1 1/2 in my hole with a cover on for two days.

i was out today. My plans were to go to a lake that i did awesome on last year all year long, but when we got there, and cut one hole, the water came over the ice and was so green that you thought it was pea soup.

So after going to five different lakes, the sixth one was clear enough that i was able to see about 8.5 feet down in the water. Had three fish come into the whole, but didnt spear any of them.

It was great to get out there for the first time since last year. And i cant wait to get out again for many many more time.

I suppose the lakes are all stirred up from all the wind we had before freeze up. If I remember right we had alot of wind in november.

I believe your right. that was what i was thinking the whole time when we were running around looking at lakes. They have to settle sooner or later. Hopefully we can figure it all out.