• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
morgan7c

Where to put my permanent/Minneapolis Bait Stores?

morgan7c

I recently relocated to NE Minneapolis from Duluth and have a few questions I'm hoping someone can help me with. I'm looking to put my permanent house out somewhere within a 30 minute drive of NE seeing I'd like to use it during the weeknights. I'm looking at going north of the metro to put it out but I'm not sure what lakes support permanents around here in the winter so any suggestions will be much appreciated.

I'm also curious where a guy can find a bait shop in the northern metro area? Thanks for your time, have a good day and be safe on the early ice!

SkunkedAgain

The Gander at 694 & University used to sell bait. Since they opened the Gander up in Blaine on Central Avenue (near the Nat'l Sports Complex) I assume that they moved bait up there. Along Central Avenue north of 694 but closer than Gander, there is Vados bait shop right by Biff's Bar.

I let others answer the ice house question.

Zdaddy76

If you're from Duluth than Vados is where you want to go to get a reminder of home. Vados is an old school bait store that many other bait stores buy their minnows from. Descent prices and friendly help on the north side of town. On the south Wayzata Bait and tackle is good. Tim and Bob are happy to help with spots and accurate ice reports on area lakes.

---Zdaddy

polarsusd81

Putting a permanant out in the metro is kinda scary because of the amount of theives that like to roam the lakes. I have heard horror stories from many. It is pretty tough to keep them out of the houses, even with good locks on good doors. For the time being, if you have a portable, use that and talk to different people out there with permanants and ask if they have had troubles. Try to talk to the guys out on the ice to scout out your best bets. I don't mean to be discouraging, but I personally will not put a permanant house out on a metro lake.

As for bait, I would say Vados is a good bet in the north end. That or Gander as has been suggested.

RonZych

Get your PM set up/email and I will shoot you some info on some lakes on the north metro.

BigStevie

Yeah, you're brave to put a permanent out. I wish that wasn't the case. I'm not sure what happened to respecting other people's property...

Anyhow, Joe's Sporting Goods is another good store to check out.

JDM

For lakes to the north of NE, you could try Ham, Coon, Crooked, Linwood, or Martin up HWY 65, or up 35W you could try Peltier or Forest. Plenty of small pan fish in any of them. Give or take - 30 to 45 minutes to any of them unless traffic is bad. Vados is the best bait shop in the north metro.

If the house is nice, I wouldn't do it. Otherwise, just leave it open and don't leave anything you don't want to lose in there.