• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Bronzeback90

Ham

Bronzeback90

Is it just a waste of time to try Ham for Northern?

Glockwinger

Not a waste IMHO. My buddy Bryon K. caught a 30+" northern summer fishing a few years back. Had the privledge of netting it for him. Used to catch lots of 3 - 4 pounders in the nw corner summer fishing. Never did try it in the winter. Good luck!

janda176

I was out on Ham last winter and could not keep my flag down. I went through a dozen shinners in about 2 hours. I was set up on the north east corner of the island in about 8-10 feet about 150 yards from shore.

WiLD

I used to fish ham every weekend. We would go through 3+ dozen shiners a day. Fished all over the place anywhere from 4-12 feet of water with the shiner about half way down. Just dont be afraid to move. If you havent caught anything an hour or two after you get set up move to a new spot. It has been rare that i have ever went more than 2 hours out there without catching anything

Maximum12

Anyone check the 'ice' on Ham yet this year?

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Horseshoe_Don
      measured ice this morning.   It has not changed in the last 48 hours.    Just the shorelines have melted.   The quality of ice has gone down though.   Still Driving my wheeler on shoe.    Still 20-28 inches out there away from current.    The bay by winter access is the thickest at 30 inches.   Don
    • Tom Sawyer
      Thanks for your efforts!!! Let me know if you need any free city garbage bags; I'm involved with the City of St. Cloud Green Team. You can place them at the Munsinger Garden greenhouse, or any trail access points for easy Park Dept. pickup.
    • JeremyCampbell
      Going to get the kids out on the river today with gloves and garbage bags for Earth day.Plenty of garbage around the local community spots that can be removed.Im sure there will be more but it's something to do and it will look a little prettier out there.
    • Borch
      Wow!  Didn't realize it was that bad up there.  That's going take a long time to get turned around.
    • kelly-p
      To give you a idea of what it is like here this is how my dock has sat since last August. The river is at lake level here.  Almost no Spring flow from melting snow. Just a trickle here and there. I've burnt any grass off for 200 feet around my house, farm buildings and farm equipment so there is a little protection in case a big fire gets going. The grass has been burnt off between the highway and the airport to give Waskish a little protection in case a fire gets going south of town. Westwind cleaned their channel last fall so they should be OK for boats. Total acreage of URL and LRL is 272,000 acres so it would ONLY take 177,261,312, 000 gallons of water to raise the lake level 2 feet.
    • Horseshoe_Don
      you can get to horseshoe by boat but not far enough to get any fish yet.   This may change in the next few days.   I plan on ice fishing on shoe today.   Should be able to land a nice amount of slabs.   Don
    • pikeandchester
      Drove by Elysian on my way home this afternoon. Shoreline didn’t appear to be pulling away, view from the highway for what it’s worth. 
    • pikeandchester
      Got the property surveyed today. Originally plotted back in 1968 and sure enough there where metal pipes marking 3 of the corners but who knows how long it would have taken me to find them. They placed a monument on the missing corner. Hopefully this warm weather sticks around, need to remove some trees and get the wheel house moved in. Thanks everyone for your responses!
    • leech~~
      Was out on the lake today. Easy 24-26" inches of hard ice yet.
    • pikeandchester
      Drove around the entire lake today. From the road it looks like the warm weather has melted most of the snow. Only saw about a half dozen people fishing. Ice isn’t pulling away from shore yet. Stopped at the Borden access and walked out a bit, kicked myself for not bringing the fishing equipment, easy travel out there.