• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

sylvia or clearwater

The bays are frozen pretty solid on Sylvia. The bigger part of the lake is frozen, but there can't be more than an inch of ice on it... I just noticed snow was sitting on top of it, but it was open a couple of days ago.

these two lakes are one of the last lakes to freeze in the state. I would hold off for at least towards the end of dec to make sure it has ice. This lake takes forever to freeze

There have been quite a few out on Clearwater now...

Sylvia hasn't had anyone out. I live on the lake, and I don't even know the conditions. grin.gif Call me chicken, I don't like that snow on top.

I have been out on lake sylvia the last 4 nights. The ice varies greatly, you really have to pick your way around with a chisel. Last night I was on 3 inches of decent ice and 5 ft away it was an inch. The main part of the lake is completely out of the question, even with the cold weather it hasn't made any ice all week.

Hey duckman, have you been having any luck lately? My buddy's got a cabin on the lake and we were thinking of stopping up there next weekend to grab his portable. I guess i'm wondering if it would worth our time to drop a line in while were up there?

The fishing has been slow, but a guy can't get to any good spots to fish yet either. I just came from checking the ice on the main part of the lake and it is still only about an inch and a half. Maybe by next week you will be able to get out.

Hey duckman, I think I saw you and your partner out on Flannerys on Monday afternoon, I tried to get out on the other side of the bay but couldnt take the thin ice. i'm sure you saw me and know who I am....you guys went out over by Brads place right? how was the fishing? I wont be able to get out until this weekend and may have to go pheasant hunting instead. By the time I get out I'm sure you will have caught them all smile.gif See you on the ice. Steve

whats twin have on it. Im guessing that the bays are all froze, and maybe a sheet on the main lakes.

Steve,

You are correct about us being out in Flannerys bay. The fishing leaves something to be desired though. If you would have walked a bit to the south then west and back north you could have gotten to where you wanted to fish. The main part of the lake pretty much all flooded and refroze so its finally making some ice. I pulled my big house out last night, and also brought it back to shore last night. I wasn't sure what the big blow today would do to the ice. I'll take it back out tomorrow. About 8in of ice where we have been fishing, but its not like that everywhere as you know.

Jeremy

There must be plenty of ice on the very northeast bay on Twin... There was a 16' + fish house with a wheeler next to it this afternoon. I may try the crappie bite this weekend there, depending on how the rest of my spots go.

There is plenty of ice where that house is. It is a 14" house and he had to pick his way out there to get it there. If you go straight out from ericsons landing to where that house is you will fall in.

He followed the shore to the north where it had flooded and refroze, the followed where it had cracked and flooded. He also plowed the remaining snow off where he pulled the house 3 days beforehand. It has finally started making some ice though, tonight I found nothing less than 4" and that was under snow where it did not flood.

I would say it is really spotty at this time. Wouldnt plan on getting to any places that you really want to get to. I put the chisel thru on one wack in several places on Sat. Very irregular and probably will stay that way with the warm spell that appears to be upon us now

ya, these lakes are by far one of few that freeze last. You have to be careful when your out there, thats forsure.

Hows the fishing been out there over the winter so far?

Only been out once and yhou know how that first trip goes...at least I got the bugs out and fouind the items that I had forgotten