• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Vikings?

jltimm

You can put it anyway you want it, but in the last 2 weeks the vikings beat the 2 teams that were in great position too take down the wildcard spots. Not just beat, but punished both teams. Those "rotten" giants just went in too Chicago and beat the bears. The bears are the best team left on the vikings schedule. The same team with a gimp Burress and without their RB's went in and beat the bears. The same team the vikings destroyed went in and beat Chicago. Why wouldnt vikings fans be pumped at the thought that this bears team is the best team left on their schedule? Why wouldnt viking fans be pumped at the prospects of winning out and taking a 7 game winning streak into the playoffs. Its a definate possibility.

On "First and 10" a few days ago Skip Bayless said the Vikes would beat the Patriots. Hope he's right, but I want to see them get the wildcard before the "S" word is mentioned.

come on now...the bears aren't the best team left on our schedule...the bears stink and it's pretty obvious they aren't the bears they were the last few yrs.

vikes beat the pats? lol thats a good one...in order to even attempt that we would have to make it to the superbowl...sorry but the vikes are lousy against the pass....if you try and tell yourself any different your just lying to yourself...when teams line up 4-5 wide and go no huddle we look like a highschool football team. but anything can happen any givin sunday but odds are the pats would shred us with their pass game.

we need to make the playoffs before anyone talks about us beating the pats...we have the ability to win out or even take 3 out of 4 of our last games and possibly make it in to the playoffs....once u get in the playoffs anything could happen.

on the brightside T Jack has been looking pretty good the last couple games...if he keeps progressing like he has lately that would be huge...we now have one of the best rb's in the game if not the best....peterson is sick...what a stud he clowns on people when he's got the ball...we got some nice young talent at wideout with rice and allison...if T Jack and them mature together it could get interesting.

i'm not quite on the T Jack bandwagon yet though...he's really played terrible besides the last couple games...without our killer running game and the D scoring all them touchdowns we would never of won some of those games....but the last 2 games he seems like he's doing alot better on his reads and decision making.

i can't wait to see what we do in the offseason...we got alot of cap room to make some big moves and make a serious run for a superbowl victory....zigy and childress said we were gonna build through drafting and save money until we thought we had a chance to win then we'd go spend....nows the time to do it...we got a true franchise rb that can lead the way....peterson to the promise land!

James,

If the Bears are the best team left on the Vikings schedule you should be Superbowl Bound because we stink this year! Everybody blames injuries on poor performances but the Bears have had their share of key players going down this year. Our defense has been shreaded and the offensive line is very long in the tooth which has resulted in poor pass protection and no running game. Devin Hester is the only bright spot this year. Hopefully we will give some of our young guys a chance to play in the next three games and start evaluating for next year.

Windy

Super Bowl?! Beating the Pat's?! After two good games? C'Mon now, you guys are starting to sound like Packer fans. T-Jack for MVP. JK. Lets get to the playoffs, then we can talk about how we are going to win the super bowl. grin.gif

I'd have to agree, watch any ESPN program and it seems like every analyst is behind us. There's been a lot of hype about the Vikings this week. They've just got to come out and play a solid month of football and hopefully they'll be playing another one after that! smile.gif I don't think we could beat the Patriots with our pass defense, although the picks have been coming lately. However, Like I said before... This team could turn out to be the Colorado Rockies of the NFL this year!

Im afraid that every time that espn, or anyone else starts talking how good the Vikes are, they loose. Its a curse!

Whos better than the bears? OK so maybe Washington after last night, but not by much and certainly a team that can't be beat in the metrodome. Denver? Chicago just beat them and they have the worst run D in the NFL. Certainly not a team the vikings can't be beat. The bears? Being a division foe i say yeah its the toughest game left on the schedule. Of course they arent what they have been, but its the bears, a division rival, thats not a gimme game.

Not a viking fan here said the vikes would beat the patriots. Thats what that (Contact Us Please) Skip Bayless. You ever seen the man speak? He talks out of his a double s so it doesnt surprise me he would come up with that.

The reason the media is jumping on the vikings? Who else's bandwagon you gonna hitch onto in the NFC wildcard race? Vikes have won 4 of 5 and 3 of those wins were against teams with winning records. Its a team that can run the ball even against teams loading the box. Its a team that can stop the run. Its a team that has a QB that is starting too make some plays himself and a team that can now move the chains in the pass game as well as the run game. That being said we've all seen this franchise year in and year out find different ways too let its fans down. Lets hope they go in and take care of business starting this sunday against a horrible team. A loss sunday and playoffs again seem very unlikely.

Whether we make the playoffs or not is sure has been nice watching the last few weeks. We have a great shot at the playoffs the way the vikes are playing. My biggest concern is the coaching staff, hopefully making good play calls. Last few weeks pretty good. I like that the D is getting more pressure, more picks I hope.